Talk

Advanced search

Shocked!!!!!

(10 Posts)
bonniej Thu 10-Feb-05 10:36:54

Had to tell someone.... we were trying for a baby towards the end of last year but then decided it wasn't a great time (financial and planning to move etc) so we stopped. We were being 'careful'. AF was a bit late, but it sometimes is so wasn't too concerned but decided to test. It's positive I can't believe it. I don't know how i feel at the moment and dh is at hospital so can't get hold of him. I've already got a little dd who's 20 months and a 16 year old ds so not sure how I'll cope. I'm and all at once!!!

Leogaela Thu 10-Feb-05 10:38:06

Congratulations!!!!!!

Angeliz Thu 10-Feb-05 10:38:33

Congratulations

Guess the thought was there so the baby followed

Hope your dh is pleased.

golds Thu 10-Feb-05 10:38:57

Congratulations, it was obviously meant to be, you'll be fine.

Lonelymum Thu 10-Feb-05 10:40:18

Wow! You will be wandering around in a fog of confusion (and hopefully happiness!) all day!

Twiga Thu 10-Feb-05 10:41:03

bonniej, congratulations , remember you from the ttc thread - lovely news!

Kelly1978 Thu 10-Feb-05 10:41:16

Oooh congrats bonniej! I'm sure you'll cope fine, sometimes these things are meant to be.

I'm 32 wks pg with twins, totally unplanned - contraception failed. I already have a 2yo and a 4yo, but once we had chance to get used to the idea we felt far happier! DP was in shock for a good few days, but now he's been happily getting the cots ready and getting excited. Good luck telling dh.

bonniej Thu 10-Feb-05 10:46:45

thank you so much for all your messages. I keep looking at the test result in disbelief! It's amazing the amount of tests I took when ttc and the disappointment of them being negative. As soon as we stop trying look what happens! The more I think about it the happier I'm feeling and i know dh will be over the moon, (he'd be quite happy with ten). Gosh twins Kelly1978, that'll be fantastic good luck with the birth. As you have all said it was meant to be and I'm sure I'll cope. Great company for dd as well

bonym Thu 10-Feb-05 18:53:50

Congratulations bonniej - I'm sure you'll become more [smile ] and less as the days go by! You will cope - it will be fab!!

biglips Thu 10-Feb-05 18:59:13

congrats

mine was similar as it was the first xmas without my aunty as she died 2 yrs ago this year and i was in tears and my head was screwed up but my period was 2 weeks late and found out i was pg but we have already talked about it but was shocked as my head and body was all over the place..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now