Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

did anyone have/has a BIG BUMP in the first trimestr??

(9 Posts)
ranirani Wed 30-Jul-08 23:06:24

I am 11 weeks PG, first timer. everything was fine till week 11. Even before PG and during first 10 weeks I had just a wobbly tummy, but this week my belly is getting bigger day by day!!!! I am not eating any more than I had been before... i am doing regular (everyday ) exrecise: either walking for an hour a day or swimming for half an hour 2-3 times a week; so i really do not understand why it is getting so big?! blush have not had a scan yet, but noone in my or my DH families had twins... so i am puzzled..... is it normal? pls share your experience!! anything would help

PetitFilou1 Thu 31-Jul-08 08:05:35

Rani - I think you better post a picture - one person's big is another person's tiny!

babyignoramus Thu 31-Jul-08 08:34:01

I am 10 weeks and while I haven't put on any weight, what I have seems to have moved around so it's all 'up front' blush. In certain clothes I'm convinced people will already be able to tell. I'm having worrying thoughts about twins too....!

Skimty Thu 31-Jul-08 08:38:47

I had a bigger tummy in first trimester than second but that was all wind. Sorry if it offends but could that be the problem here?

lulu1414 Thu 31-Jul-08 08:50:10

I had a big belly but it was due to wind and constipation and once that settled down (I became addicted to prunes!) so did my belly. In fact, I then didn't really show until 5 1/2 months. But if it isn't that and you are just showing early then don't worry. Everyone is different!

Tapster Thu 31-Jul-08 08:58:42

With my DD I was in maternity clothes by 11 weeks, I'm now 7 weeks and in maternity clothes too and people are guessing I'm pregnant. I have a very short body (and i'm only 5ft) and my DD was a very large baby so I was huge.

We all grow so differently - some people have small bumps and large babies and vica versa. Just eat healthily and do some exercise.

I keep thinking its twins but I think my bump is the wrong shape, usually the bump is wider with twins.

You get lots of unhelpful comments about your bump - whether its large or small, something you have to get used to, everybody will soon have an opinion.

ellideb Thu 31-Jul-08 09:03:29

its usually your bowels at this stage, they relax from the hormones and you become more bloated as food takes longer to pass through, on the other hand you may be expecting more than one!

dinkystinky Thu 31-Jul-08 09:04:52

Ranirani - I have a short body so started to show around 13 weeks - by 14 weeks I looked about 6 months gone! By 9 months everyone, including the midwives, thought I was having twins (I wasnt! Just all bump up front). It could be wind or it could just be your body adjusting quicker to the pregnancy (and making lots of space for the baby in advance) - dont worry about it too much and start looking out for some really lovely maternity wear or larger tops that you wont mind wearing for the next 7 months or so.

ranirani Thu 31-Jul-08 12:25:13

thanks you all you talked some sense into me ; today my stomach is smaller than it ever was in the last week so I guess it was just the wind blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now