Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby size

(3 Posts)
Jonut Wed 30-Jul-08 22:58:42

I had an appointment with the midwife today and when she measured my bump the baby was only measuring 33cm. I'm 39 weeks plus 4 days!! Baby has always measured a week under but was measuring 35cm at 36wks, surely can't have shrunk?!? Midwife said all was ok, possibly because baby is on it's way to being engaged but my OH was worried and phoned the hospital who spoke to the midwife and said that they we're happy as I'm quite slim and this could be the reason but DD2 was 9lbs! hmm

Has anyone else measured small during the end of their preganancy? What was the outcome? If anything turns out to be wrong and they didn't even check it out I'm going to go nuts!!

Roskva Thu 31-Jul-08 09:24:35

I would say trust your MW.

Mine referred me for a late scan at 38 weeks as my bump had stopped growing. The hospital cocked up the appointment and booked me in the a consultant instead, who scanned me and decided that dd had stopped growing and was tiny ie under 5lb, and decided I should be induced. All the MWs who examined on the matnerity ward reckoned that dd was not tiny. She turned up 2 days later weighing in at 6lb 13oz.

Having said that, you should follow your own instincts. If you are still concerned that something is wrong, then ask for a scan.

fledtoscotland Thu 31-Jul-08 09:27:50

I had a growth scan at 36weeks with DS as they felt he was too small for his dates. he appeared at 41weeks weighing 7lbs 6ozs.

i agree with roskva and think you should trust your gut instincts - just make sure you have plenty of movements and no swelling in your hands or feet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now