Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Head partially engaged at 30 weeks

(8 Posts)
hatcam Wed 30-Jul-08 13:24:25

Oh wise women, does this mean that the baby is likely to come early?

This is second baby, first one came a few days late but quite quickly (8 hours after having a show).

LeonieD Wed 30-Jul-08 19:13:58

Message withdrawn

LeonieD Wed 30-Jul-08 19:22:58

Message withdrawn

lollipopmother Wed 30-Jul-08 21:34:05

No I don't believe it means the baby will come early. Becoming engaged normally happens at the end obviously, but there are lots of reasons for it to occur early, I shall find my answer to the same question in my antenatal thread, hang on!

lollipopmother Wed 30-Jul-08 21:37:09

Becoming engaged can happen as early as 33 weeks but it's more normal to happen at 38+ weeks, however various things effect it and can make it happen earlier, such as:

Well toned stomach muscles
Being sporty
Having a larger baby
Sitting down for a long time
Pelvis shape/size
Already having had a baby

hatcam Wed 30-Jul-08 21:49:05

thanks lollipopmother

that makes a lot of sense:

I'm a personal trainer
I'm still working out 4 x week
My last baby was just under 9lb
It's my second baby

!

lollipopmother Thu 31-Jul-08 12:01:04

i think you tick most of the boxes in that case! But oh my God, work out sessions 4 x a week?! shock

hatcam Thu 31-Jul-08 12:57:23

sounds worse than it is and I'm NOT completely insane! I run a class - outdoor fitness for mums and babies - so it ends up being my workout too. Would never advise one of my clients to do the same thing, but my body's so used to it by now that I think I'd go into total shock if I took to the sofa.

I'm perfectly normal and eat lots of pie too. Would be drinking plenty of wine as well if it wasn't for the obvious! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now