Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I really "quite big" for 22 weeks???

(7 Posts)
elizabethbob Wed 30-Jul-08 11:28:04

Getting quite paranoid at the number of people asking me how many weeks I am then saying "ooo, you're quite big for 22 weeks aren't you?". At 18 weeks I was being told I was not very big. My only comparison is a friend who looked about term to me at 28 weeks! So I thought I was a reasonable size.

Does anyone else get this? I was a size 10 - 12 pre-pregnancy so didn't start off enormous!

hanaflower Wed 30-Jul-08 11:40:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

greenlawn Wed 30-Jul-08 11:41:53

I would ignore it - people generally comment when they are searching for something to say. Size depends on your height/size, size and position of baby, amount of fluid, even what you're wearing. I've been told by one person I'm "very neat" at 32 weeks and by another the same day I'm carrying a huge baby!

Anglepoise Wed 30-Jul-08 11:53:41

Yep, had both here too! Alternately told that I'm "very neat" or that I've "really sprouted". My mum helpfully told me that I looked "about a year gone, let alone 9 months" when I was measuring small for dates at 28 weeks!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 30-Jul-08 12:04:40

Everyone keeps telling me I'm 'big for xxx months' since about 4 months. I just ignore it and smile sweetly. I don't think I'm particularly big.

babylove123 Wed 30-Jul-08 12:06:27

I'm probably quite big for 5.5 months. I didnt start off skinny but bump is now 54.75" round at the stickiest outiest point! Im suffering with getting through narrow places, lol. I got stuck between 2 rows at the cinema 2 weeks ago!

pookamoo Wed 30-Jul-08 12:10:51

I'm quite big and I'm 25 weeks. I's try not to worry about it if I were you! Last weekend I was on a plane and they asked me what week I was, because they can't take you after 28 weeks. They were relieved to hear I was only 24!

Will put up a photo later on this evening so you can see and compare!

They haven't measured my fundal height yet, but the midwife told me that the baby was about the right size, so I am trying not to worry!

I think it does depend a lot on what you wear. Some of my clothes make me look HUGE!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now