Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

FR result not very strong at almost 6 weeks....am I miscarrying again?

(6 Posts)
loveverona Wed 30-Jul-08 09:20:56

Already miscarried twice over the last 8 months so I'm totally paranoid about losing this one. I'm 5+5 today - took a FR test yesterday afternoon (a bit faint) then again this morning and although there is a definite line, it wasn't as strong as I would've thought at almost 6 weeks. Should it be a solid, pink, strong line? Could I be miscarrying again?? Or do the hcg levels get very gradually stronger?? Confused.

Welcome your thoughts.

OracleInaCoracle Wed 30-Jul-08 09:29:04

it really does depend. when i was pg with ds i didnt get a strong bfp til i was 8w. try your gp and ask for an early scan. but STOP TESTING! you are pg and retesting will only freak you out.

loveverona Wed 30-Jul-08 11:40:56

Thanks. You're right, I do have to stop testing, it's driving me (and the rest of my family) insane!

Thanks. Just have to sit this one out I think and cross my fingers.

Ebs26 Wed 30-Jul-08 12:23:44

I didn't have a strong line around that time either. As lissielou suggested - don't keep retesting as it will only add to your stress levels which are not good for baby.

Wishing you all the very best smile

loveverona Wed 30-Jul-08 12:35:27

Thanks Ebs26. Seriously got to chill out. I think the main stress for me is that, if this one doesn't work out we've pretty much decided that that's it. We have 2 beautiful children already and I just can't put myself (and my DH) through this amount of stress again. I'm very aware that there are so many women who go through hell to try for their first child, so we truly are lucky.

Ebs26 Wed 30-Jul-08 13:29:02

Will be thinking of you loveverona - keep us updated and hopefully all will go as you hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now