Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

did anyone experience PAIN in BELLY BUTTON AREA??

(8 Posts)
ranirani Tue 29-Jul-08 22:02:45

Hi I am almost 11 weeks PG, and for the last few days have been feeling some dull pain in my belly button area (on the right side). Is it normal? have not heard anything about it before (but then I am a first timer )
So anyone had in the past ??? anyone? is it something dangerous?

EffiePerine Tue 29-Jul-08 22:04:43

you do get a lot of aches and stretching type pains in the first trimester

are you due a scan soon? That might help to reassure you. Also if the pain gets bad call your mw for advice

ranirani Tue 29-Jul-08 22:08:39

my mf is a total space out. The first time i saw her, she did not tel me anything reg my diet, nothing!! whole time during the appointment she was yearning like a cat!!! luckily i knew everything myself, spent hours on the net researching the hospital I am assigned to does scans at 20 weeks, so i am considering to go fo a private scan at 12 weeks to make sure everything is okay....

sydneysuze Wed 30-Jul-08 08:25:09

Hi Ranirani

I'm 19 weeks and I've had twinges of pain on and off behind my belly button since I was about 12 weeks. My MW says it's quite common and is due to the way your uterus pushes up and out towards the back of your belly button as it grows. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you but I do find mine gets worse if I've been overdoing things either at work or during exercise so take it easy. And do make sure you get a scan to reassure yourself that bump is fine. Happy pregnancy smile

PortAndLemon Wed 30-Jul-08 08:31:02

Yes, first pregnancy at around 13 weeks. I assumed it was something belly-button related stretching inside, and it didn't seem to be a problem. Didn't get it second time round, but then <eyes abdomen ruefully> there wasn't much more stretching to be done by then.

star6 Wed 30-Jul-08 08:40:27

I'm 29 weeks and have a pain just above my belly button... it's even a bit purplish coloured. It only hurts to touch it usually and not all the time - sometimes I can feel something (probably a toe or part or other part of the baby) really hard in that spot and I think that's what makes it hurt.
Lots to look forward to!!!

re: 12 week scan - don't they have to do the nuchal measurements before 20 weeks with the blood tests anyway? I've never heard of not scanning until 20 weeks... but maybe they can do it then too (my 1st pg, so not all that knowledgeable!)

babylove123 Wed 30-Jul-08 12:08:53

Hi,

Just a quick suggestion......i had some pains around my belly button and they got a bit worse as time wore on. I realised it was the sign of a water infection and i had that confirmed. I didnt get the pain when i went to the loo but sharpish pains in my belly button. Just worth a mention!

Ebs26 Wed 30-Jul-08 12:20:21

Hi,

I'm 21+3 and my belly button is sore to touch and quite tender. Contact your MW to check and put your mind at rest but I'm sure it's nothing serious wink

Take care and congrats!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now