Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

how many braxton hicks per day is normal?

(7 Posts)
mad4mybaby Mon 28-Jul-08 15:25:51

Am only 23 weeks with #2 but last night and today been getting alot of BH.

But i dont get it across my whole belly, just right at the bottom sort of central it goes really hard and feels like someone is twisting me. Doesnt hurt just uncomfortable.

Have had about 10 today.

whomovedmychocolate Mon 28-Jul-08 15:28:44

With number 2 you feel them a whole lot more and it's normal. I had them for anything up to six hours per night every sodding night - again that's perfectly normal. They can get a bit ouchy closer to delivery as well, but it's not labour if they don't change your cervix, get regular or closer together, so don't fret.

belgo Mon 28-Jul-08 15:30:25

Are you ill at all? Or dehydrated? That can cause braxton hicks. You should phone your midwife and chack with her.

mad4mybaby Mon 28-Jul-08 15:33:01

was ill about a week ago and drinking so much water it feels like it'l start pouring out my ears! Just dont remember getting any until near the end but i guess the usual 'everythings diff 2nd time round' grin

mrsboogie Mon 28-Jul-08 16:28:21

I am 32 weeks pg with no2 and have never had BH

notcitrus Mon 28-Jul-08 16:34:13

How do you tell the difference between being kicked and BH?

I thought I was just been kicked and punched a lot by young Squirmy, but some of it might be BH (I'm 33 weeks with my first)?

mad4mybaby Mon 28-Jul-08 18:47:40

even tho this is #2 im not THAT sure TBH. I went in for monitering near the end of pg with ds and the m/w came in looked at chart and said ooh look at all these contractions you've been having. I hadnt felt anything other than what i had thought all along was baby moving and streching outward and mad belly go hard at a certain point (i assumed his bum). So im not sure....

Im calling them BH as my sister told me that BH are contractions but they are practise contractions and that they are aonly real contractions when your going into labour so im really the wrong person to answer. Im just assuming these are BH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now