Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

the dreaded piles

(5 Posts)
LorraineSE22 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:52:49

euch - i got to 35 weeks before the dreaded piles set in. any idea how to attack the little blighters? am keen to try and get rid of them before i go through the marathon labour pushing session, but it seems like they might be here to stay? i've seen my doctor who recommended changing diet, and prescribed anusol but i wondered if anyone had any other tips?

PetitFilou1 Mon 28-Jul-08 10:59:19

Lorraine
I shall watch with interest - I got them when pregnant with ds1, since had dd, now pregnant with ds2. They didn't go in between but they don't bother me too much. Late pregnancy is the worst as it is just the weight of everything. They get better afterwards but come back if I don't drink enough.

JenR449 Fri 01-Aug-08 11:51:26

Hi, I've tried compresses of chamomile tea after getting piles at 35 weeks. They were v painful. I kept compresses (cotton wool pads) against them for an hour morning and night with a panyliner and after first go the pain had almost gone, after 3 days they had almost disappeared.

Do they go anyway after childbirth? I don't really want them for the rest of my life. Yuk!

whiteorchid Fri 01-Aug-08 14:35:40

Mine went away after DS1, but they've returned during my second pg. Am hoping they'll go away again after this one too!

elephantbump Fri 01-Aug-08 15:25:41

Mine were horrific after DS1 and now have them again with my second pregnancy. am very scared about labour as that made them a million times worse.

From what I have heard, if they don't go away there are a number of little operations/procedures that you can have done to get rid of them so you don't have to suffer them for ever. I'm definitely considering it if they don't go away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now