Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Angelsounds Fetal Doppler

(28 Posts)
heron22 Mon 28-Jul-08 08:13:50

Hi Has anyone used this doppler before? is it good? i am 13.5 weeks pregnant at the moment and am looking to buy a doppler.

Thanks

4andnotout Mon 28-Jul-08 08:16:58

There are mix reviews on them tbh, if you are slim they seem to work much better but if your a plus size mum like me you would be better off with a proper doppler like a bf200 etc.

JodieG1 Mon 28-Jul-08 08:30:14

I had one like that when I was pregnant with dd and it was rubbish. I was a size 6-8 at the time and couldn't hear a thing until I was about 35 weeks pregnant.

With ds1 I bought a proper doppler and I heard his heartbeat from about 9-10 weeks.

jellybeans Mon 28-Jul-08 08:46:11

I love mine. I am a size 14 (prob 16 now!) and found the heartbeat at 9 wks with abit of practice. Then listened every day until I felt movement. For £24.99 it is a bargain!!

tinkisagracefulshamu Mon 28-Jul-08 09:05:51

love mine too.
bought mine on babymad for £26 plus postage.
i am a size 10 find hb within 5 mins everytime

kazbeth Mon 28-Jul-08 09:17:26

I found the heartbeat at 11 weeks with mine (am about size 18-20 so definitely not skinny!). By about 16 weeks I could find it easily. It's worth using your own headphones with them though as the supplied ones don't seem to go loud enough.

ShowOfHands Mon 28-Jul-08 09:19:22

Had no problems at all with mine. Found the hb easily from about 14 weeks.

bethoo Mon 28-Jul-08 09:20:51

i have one and used for both of my pregnancies and thought it was great. i heard hb from 11 weeks like it says on the box. also for a long time the hb is foudn very low so many peopelmay have been looking in the wrong place.

hightly recommended.

heron22 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:27:49

thank you all for your comments! i think i am going to order mine today and fingers crossed!

hannah001 Mon 28-Jul-08 09:45:35

Make sure you get the one that needs gel! Hope I'm not too late to warn you - all the bad reviews I've heard are for the version that doesn't need gel. Mine is the the gel sort and it's great - no problems with finding the heartbeat.

jellybeans Mon 28-Jul-08 11:13:58

Yes get loads of gel with it and use it right down near pubic bone (where a c section scar would be/is-at least till abit later on) that tip really helped me!

Backgammon Mon 28-Jul-08 11:18:20

I've got one, not that impressed tbh - was going to ebay it but probs won't get much for it.

You're welcome to mine for the postage if you want it heron22.

Backgammon Mon 28-Jul-08 11:18:44

(mine needs gel)

MissMitford Mon 28-Jul-08 14:30:04

I've got one too and am driving myself slightly nuts trying to find the hb (am 13 weeks) In fact had total spaz out last week - 'BUT IT SAYS YOU CAN HEAR FROM 11 WEEKS! IT SAYS!' and was crying my eyes out, convinced baby is no more, etc.

I can hear whooshing and sploshing though - but no little racehorse noise.

Scan tomorrow though...

jellybeans Mon 28-Jul-08 15:01:44

If you find the whoosing noise, the baby is usually not far away, try really low down near pubic bone. You may need to angle it abit, takes ages till you get used to it.

MissMitford Mon 28-Jul-08 16:09:09

oooh thanks - will try again, maybe was a bit high up.

heron22 Mon 28-Jul-08 18:07:41

hi backgammon, i read your post too late, i had already ordered from amazon...

hi jellybeans, will keep that in mind when i am using mine, to angle low down near pubic bone.

hi missmitford, good luck with your scan tomorrow

thehouseofmirth Mon 28-Jul-08 18:16:51

Backgammon, I'd LOVE it if you'd be intersted if offering to to me. Would love to buy one but we are now so truly skint DH would be quite cross I think. I'll happily send it back to you to ebay it when I'm done.

sunshine185 Mon 28-Jul-08 18:32:17

i've stopped using mine after a week.... don't really rate it too much of a struggle to find the hb...

i'm 22 weeks now and baby is moving a bit so i'm happier with that....

x

heron22 Wed 30-Jul-08 14:12:43

hi, i got mine yesterday. DH managed to find the hb, but only for a quick while. was not able to find it again...

i am now 14 weeks. might leave it for another week and see if it becomes easier to find.

not very happy so far

hannah001 Wed 30-Jul-08 14:21:45

I got mine at 18 weeks - heartbeat was always low down. I could always find it but some times it took longer than others. Put it in a drawer for a bit and get it out again later

heron22 Wed 30-Jul-08 14:37:36

thanks hannah for your reply

i'm afraid cant wait that long... i am going to return it to amazon.

have ordered a BT200, costs more but it is more sensitive. so fingers crossed !

Backgammon Wed 30-Jul-08 14:39:12

thehouseofmirth sorry, I've only just seen your post!

You're welcome to it if you want it - my email is yesitsme78@googlemail.com if you want to get in touch.

hannah001 Wed 30-Jul-08 15:41:47

Fair enough - I was amazed I lasted til 18 weeks myself - it might even have been 19! Good luck with the new one.

Thingiebob Fri 31-Jul-09 16:29:48

Hi

Just received my angelsounds fetal heart monitor today from Amazon for about 20 pounds.

It took a good few minutes but I found it. I am exactly 16 weeks and a size 16/18 with rather a lot of padding!

You need to use quite a bit of oil or contact gel - I used Olive oil from the kitchen and slid it around underneath my bump until suddenly there is was - a racehorse galloping. It fades away as baby moves but it's fun chasing baby around! It's worth checking out your own heartbeat so you can distinguish between the two.

Don't panic if you can't hear anything - it may be too early or that baby is tucked up somewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now