Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

VERY early symptoms seem to have gone - any thoughts?

(5 Posts)
loveverona Sun 27-Jul-08 20:28:35

Going a bit nuts here - 5.2 weeks pregnant. Had sickness and hunger a week BEFORE AF due, but it seems to have gone now. The thing is, I already have 2 dcs, so have experience of 2 textbook pregs (sickness started wk6-7), but also more recently 2 mcs. I'm just so worried that this one too isn't going to continue that I'm hyper-aware of every little twinge, pain, symptom i feel.

Just seems odd that i had some symptoms befor but now not, but I've never had anything that early before anyway. Oh God does that make any sense?!!

Need.....help!

lulu1414 Sun 27-Jul-08 21:00:21

My symptoms came and went. I also was really worried as had a mmc, but (knock wood) everything was fine and I am now 26 weeks. Supposedly it is really normal for symptoms to come and go.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 27-Jul-08 21:10:28

Yep completely normal, every pregnancy is different blah, blah, blah, you know all this. You will feel crap and sick tomorrow and then you'll be happier - sort of. Seriously, asymptomatic pregnancies are a blessing not a curse. Be happy that you aren't hugging the toilet bowl and sleeping while stirring your tea grin

loveverona Mon 28-Jul-08 09:08:11

Thanks very much for your replies. Feeling a little better today, although I just feel nervous all the time, I guess that's the not really knowing what's going on.

I know what you mean about no symptoms being easier but at least you know things are happening when you have them. Last time mine stopped I miscarried, so I'm a bit paranoid. Oh well probably just too early at the moment. I need to hang in there.

Lulu1414, good luck with your next few weeks!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 28-Jul-08 09:49:21

Loveverona - I personally think you sort of know when a pregnancy is not right. Well I always did. I felt different about both my pregnancies that I lost. So there is a lot in gut instinct, but chances are you are just worrying in a healthy way about a healthy pregnancy. You wouldn't be human (or a good mummy) if you weren't worried for your children's welfare

But it won't make a difference one way or another if you do worry, to the outcome of the pregnancy. So I suggest a cup of tea, a choccie biccie and a contemplation of something completely unrelated to pregnancy (go sort out your sock drawer or something - distraction is very good for you!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now