Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you determine sex of baby at 3 month scan?

(7 Posts)
RebeccaandOllie Sun 27-Jul-08 18:55:44

Hi, I live in Spain and had a 3 month ultrasound scan. The doctor told me the sex of the baby. Everything I have read on the internet says its too earlier to tell? Has anyone else been told the sex at 3 months and did it prove accurate? Thanks Rebecca

pinkspottywellies Sun 27-Jul-08 19:00:59

AFAIK the bit that will become the penis or clitoris has a slight angle one way or the other at about 3 months. So, it is possible to tell but they don't usually at that stage. At the later scans they can see actual bits!

RebeccaandOllie Sun 27-Jul-08 19:05:08

I was really surprised when he told us as they didnt know with my son til about 20 weeks or so. Its even more annoying than not knowing being told but not being sure if its accurate!!!

PetitFilou1 Sun 27-Jul-08 19:24:56

Yes, my dh (who is a doctor) spotted a willy at the 13 week scan with this baby (no3). He was right, confirmed by the sonographer at 21 weeks. Most sonographers wouldn't tell you that early here though as too easy to get it wrong.

Weegle Sun 27-Jul-08 19:27:34

I was told at 12 week scan it was a DS - correct. However my friend was also told at 12 week scan it was a DS - at 20 week she was told DD, and indeed she had a DD.

WombFor1More Sun 27-Jul-08 21:51:44

My sister was accurately told at her 12wk scan that she was having a ds. My 12wks scan with this one, both me and dp most definately saw "boy bits!" but sonographer refused to say as she didn't want to be wrong. Indeed it has been confirmed twice since that this is another ds. He is certainly not shy!

Anglepoise Sun 27-Jul-08 22:55:09

Google angle of the dangle! Girl and boy bits look the same at 12 weeks but the angle at which they're pointing might be a clue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now