Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

please help - sister positive then negative test after miscarriage

(9 Posts)
kizzie Sun 27-Jul-08 10:31:40

Can anyone help please. My sister has been having IUI treatment. She had a devastating MMC 4 months ago. Than had another IUI this cycle. Her period was due on saturday but she did a test on thursday morning (clear blue digital) which came up as 'pregnant'.

The hospital then gave her another test to do today but it has come out negative.

She is so so upset. She has been trying for a baby for years.

Is this likely to be a chemical pregnancy?

Any advice really welcome. Im miles away but trying to support her on the phone.

Thanks x

justjules Sun 27-Jul-08 10:36:22

how sad for your sister sad

i have had 3 m/c myself and they are truely devestating,

the cbd tests are sensitive,

all my pgs were confirmed by cbd,

it could be a chemical p/g

can she do another cbd?

other than that, i can not believe the hospital didnt offer her hcg blood testing

hannah001 Sun 27-Jul-08 10:44:29

COuld the test she took early have been affected by the trigger shot? I did 2 cycles of IUI and they give me a trigger shot with the pregnancy hormones to stimulate the ovulation. This shot stays in your system for around 10 days and would cause a +ve pregnancy test if you test too early.

kizzie Sun 27-Jul-08 10:50:08

Hi both - thanks for answering. The IUI she has had is natural (so without any drugs including a trigger shot).

Ive said to do another cbd test later today but i just dont want to give her any false hope.

hannah001 Sun 27-Jul-08 10:53:30

fingers crossed

kizzie Sun 27-Jul-08 10:53:56

She has just rung and the 2nd CBD is negative sad sadso I guess thats it.

I just feel so so sorry for her x

hannah001 Sun 27-Jul-08 12:38:47

sorry to hear that. It took us a very long time (3 years & 4 miscarriages) to get to where we are now though (30wks pg) and I know the pain especially of negative tests after fertility treatment. Hope she can get some enjoyment out of a few glasses of wine - always used to help with me.

Ema76 Sun 27-Jul-08 12:47:54

bless you all. really feel for you all. I had two m/c recently. one at 12 weeks and one at 6. Had positive tests after m/c's due to hormones being detected from previous pregnancies. It is heartbreaking I know. A blood test at the doctors is a better way of being sure as they can see if the hormone level is rising or falling (i.e. mc occuring). I am now 6weeks pregnant and on pins, just hoping things will be ok this time.
Hope that your sister has some good news soon and that she has the baby she wants. thinking of youx

kizzie Sun 27-Jul-08 13:51:03

Thanks Ema - and good luck with your pregnancy!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now