Talk

Advanced search

Positive result?

(8 Posts)
BlueLine101 Sat 26-Jul-08 23:19:46

I took a pregnancy test this morning, and a blue line came up almost immediately. I (stupidly) thought oh one line in each box that means it's negative, as I'd got it into my head that there would be a big + sign if it was positive blush. After about five minutes, I realised that perhaps I should check the test box and realised it was actually positive, but by this time the line was quite faint.
Was this still a positive result if it faded? I couldn't find anything in the instructions about it. (The "control" line didn't fade!?)
I know the only way to find out is to test again but I'm not sure when I can due to difficult family circumstances over the next few days.
Sorry this is so long, thanks in advance

tigana Sat 26-Jul-08 23:21:49

IIRC positive is positive whether it fades or not.

PortAndLemon Sat 26-Jul-08 23:40:11

Yes, positive is positive. Congratulations (assuming this is a "Congratulations" type of pregnancy).

BlueLine101 Sat 26-Jul-08 23:41:08

Thanks Tigana.

Blimey.

I will test again anyway asap because I can't quite actually believe I could even possibly be pregnant shock

BlueLine101 Sat 26-Jul-08 23:44:12

Thanks PortandLemon

I'm not really in the right position AT ALL to be having a baby but I'm in denial right now anyway blush

BlueLine101 Sun 27-Jul-08 11:49:25

Just to add to the confusion, I rushed out this morning to Boots and bought more tests. I now have a negative result! hmm
It was a different brand of test and not my first wee of the day so I guess that could make a difference, I'll just have to wait til tomorrow and test again I suppose!

mustrunmore Sun 27-Jul-08 12:09:36

And to add to the confusion, just to say that I've had a false positive in the past. Not impressed! The control stayed , the other line stayed a few hours then faded(so I couldnt even sue the manufacturers as the proof had faded!).

BlueLine101 Sun 27-Jul-08 21:12:22

And I was just getting used to the idea of being pregnant!

I'm testing again first thing in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now