Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pain under ribs already at 23 weeks

(6 Posts)
misdee Sat 26-Jul-08 17:48:38

ow ow

can only sit bolt upright or reclined.

feelsd like loads of pressure under my ribs already.

expatinscotland Sat 26-Jul-08 17:56:02

welcome to my world! you have my empathy.

i am so breathless and light-headed already.

sometimes it feels like a vice round my ribs.

ow!!!

misdee Sat 26-Jul-08 17:58:18

its horrible.

i swear my abies grow upwards instead of outwards, hence my lack of bump!

ps you have mail!

expatinscotland Sat 26-Jul-08 18:25:32

I just know my stomach muscles have fecking separated again. And it hurts.

This baby likes to be high up, too.

My bump is already huge and ALL in front - for once I'm only pregnant in the front.

But it's doing my back pretty big style.

Oooo, will check before Cbeebs finishes for the evening and wee ones demand attention wink.

MummyValentine Sat 26-Jul-08 20:13:41

Hi Misdee,
Know how you feel sad - I had huge pain around ribs with both ds and dd. ds had his bottom wedged under my ribs towards the end, but got pain very early on with my second. I found yoga and lots of stretching really helped, along with spending a lot of time on my hands and knees trying to get baby to move away from my rib cage.
Massage along the ribs was the only thing which relieved the actual pain, esp with some lovely massage oils like the Mama Mio stuff which is sooo relaxing when pregnant. I feel for you, cos I know it's excrutiating.

girliefriend Sat 26-Jul-08 20:19:17

Is the pain general or mostly under one side? as I had horrible horrible pain at 20 weeks, only relieved by sitting up right and eventually got diagnosed with gallstones! The pain is severe and crushing and mostly on the right side. xXx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now