Talk

Advanced search

i think i will sleep in the shower tonite whilst running on cool.........

(14 Posts)
biglips Fri 25-Jul-08 14:41:04

as im 33 weeks pg and i couldnt get to sleep till 4am as i was sweating like a pig in bed!! and had 2 hours sleep......hmm

ive hardly had a good night sleep this week as its too much!! arrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

posieflump Fri 25-Jul-08 14:42:16

I thought it was going to rain later
just very hot and humid here (South)

tinkisagracefulshamu Fri 25-Jul-08 16:22:00

it is too hot here too
could you buy a fan too put in bedroom they really help good luck for getting zzzzzzzzz

EffiePerine Fri 25-Jul-08 16:26:31

am in air-conditioned office

may never leave

FoghornLeghorn Fri 25-Jul-08 16:29:06

I'm nearly 38 weeks and atm have the windows open all day and then the fan on when we go to bed - however, DD2 threw a spanner in the works Wednesday night by getting in with us (she was poorly) and had to turn the fan off because it was disturbing her. I actually had sweat dripping down my chest, in the creases of my arms etc

ellideb Fri 25-Jul-08 16:29:08

total empathy biglips, I'm also 33 weeks preggers! Saw the moon glide from one corner of my window all the way across to the other side last night and still did not sleep.

bogie Fri 25-Jul-08 16:30:35

I am sweating soo much today it has made me sick twice
I'm sure I wasn't like this with ds

YumeeMumee Fri 25-Jul-08 16:38:01

I really feel for you ladies...try a hot water bottle filled with cold water or one that's been in the fridge/freezer, either put your feet on it or slip it into a pillow case or wrap in a towel and put in your pillow...or have you heard of a 'chillow'??

I was pregnant in the summer of 2006 - it was a belter summer but not when you're cooking another human! I found a chillow really helped but there's nothing better than good ole air con smile

Failing that then the freezer section at the supermarket also helped - esp now most are open 24hrs grin

mad4mybaby Fri 25-Jul-08 18:22:19

yumee i too was pg with ds that summer and that was the hottest it had been in britain on record!!

Im finding putting a wet cold flannel on your head /forehead helps...

plus dont sleep with a cover or only a sheet.

LeonieD Fri 25-Jul-08 20:27:49

Message withdrawn

biglips Fri 25-Jul-08 22:43:03

leonie - oh gosh i remembered that melting Summer 03.. it was in August wasnt it? as my cousin got married on that day and it was too much!...(i wasnt pg then but i think i wouldve of passed out!!)

laura325630 Fri 25-Jul-08 22:49:28

Fill your freezer with ice poles. Eating will cool you down. Also, my gran always told me to drink a cup of tea when its hot as that is supposed to cool you down???

elkiedee Sun 27-Jul-08 21:58:53

I have this vision of our local Sainsburys freezer section filled with pregnant women, though no use tonight.

biglips Mon 28-Jul-08 09:55:25

elk - oh that def be me that as ive been tempted to do it grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now