Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea & Dizzyness

(6 Posts)
Merryoncemore Fri 25-Jul-08 10:05:31

Hi,

I am now 36 weeks pregnant and for the past few days I have been suffering from nausea and dizzyness (not lack of breath and more everything suddenly shifting off center), is this normal or should I be concerned?

Little one also almost constantly on the move and I'm not convinced that this isn't causing the nausea. Midwife say's I'm measuring small for my dates but was scanned and the baby measuring correctly but somehow it is beginning to feel as if I'm all out of room

Please set my over active imagination at rest.

dinkystinky Fri 25-Jul-08 10:42:44

Speak to your midwife/GP Merryoncemore - to put your mind at ease if nothing else - and get them to check your blood pressure. Have you had anything else - temperature, aches etc. - may be a virus or ear infection (can affect your balance) or may be nothing, but best to get it checked out.

Purplegryffon Fri 25-Jul-08 12:12:01

Hi Merry... Sorry you feeling a bit yuk - no advice - but just wanted to say hi... Gatecrashing your thread - you were so supportive of me when I mc in April - am now 6+3 early scan yesterday - heartbeat seen - was just fabulous... Gatecrash over Hope you are feeling better soon & Good Luck with impending new arrival xx Purple.

Briwish Fri 25-Jul-08 12:20:47

Hi Merry

I have low blood pressure and this is what happens to me when it is hot. I have had it a couple of times this week as well (also 36 weeks). However, have suffered with this and migraines when hot and thundery since a kid so know the signs. May be worth having blood pressure checked though but I would say just rest, relax and stay as cool as you can.

Merryoncemore Fri 25-Jul-08 12:46:28

Purple, I am soooooo happy for you grinthat you brought a tear to my hormonally warped eye's, that HB is a beautiful thing. I wept when I saw it with this pregnancy after it being missing in the previous two. I'll keep everything crossed that soon you'll be 36+ and have had only a little dizzyness to worry about in the eight months.To be fair dizzy might just be my natural state wink. Here's wishing you a boring and uneventful pregnancy.

Thanks Briwash, I have been diagnosed with low blood pressure in the past but every time the midwife takes it now it seems fine. Though secretly I do think that is what is causing it as it feels exactly the same as when I used to drink too much and sleep too little in the olden days which always resulted in a further drop and a swimmy head grinI am seeing her on Monday and feeling less unsteady today now that the temp has dropped. So I'm going to give my over active imagination a rest, count my blessings and have a relaxing weekend.

Purplegryffon Fri 25-Jul-08 12:53:22

Thanks Merry... Look after yourself, put your feet up and relax as much as you can - you are at the exciting stage - bet you can't wait??? Yes I blubbed a lot yesterday when I saw the HB and I keep watching the dvd! I'm going to have a really long pregnancy (God willing) I hope that all goes well for you in these last few weeks xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now