Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What does pre-labour feel like?

(6 Posts)
Backgammon Fri 25-Jul-08 07:59:27

Hi, can anyone tell me what pre-labour feels like (although I expect it's different for different people).

Woke up in the night with stomach pains and managed to get back to sleep although felt them on and off throughout the night. Still getting them this morning but I thought they would feel like period-type pains but they are higher up than that - right across the middle of my tummy.

Is this likely to be pre-labour or something totally un-pregnancy related? I'm not due for 2 weeks and it's my first so probably far too early to be asking this!

Thanks.

FoghornLeghorn Fri 25-Jul-08 08:02:22

Backgammon - I'm 37+4 with my third and still find myself wondering if that was a contraction. I seem to have completely forgotten how labour goes and I only did it for the last time 20 months ago

Backgammon Fri 25-Jul-08 08:34:34

Thanks foghorn! Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

FoghornLeghorn Fri 25-Jul-08 09:39:53

Sorry backgammon, that wasn't helpful at all.
someone more helpful than me will be along soon

EffiePerine Fri 25-Jul-08 09:48:58

Could be beaxton hicks, could be contractions. Do they go when you get up and move around? Anyway, it's all positive and sounds like your body is gearing up for labour, even if it's a week or so away

EffiePerine Fri 25-Jul-08 09:49:10

braxton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now