Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Only 17 wks but movements have stopped...should i be worried?

(11 Posts)
feb Thu 24-Jul-08 19:11:22

Have been feeling some movement daily since about 15 1/2 wks, but i haven't felt any at all for last 3 days.
should i be concerned? how long would you leave it before seeing a MW?
tia

feb Thu 24-Jul-08 19:29:51

bump

Heated Thu 24-Jul-08 19:33:48

Have you drunk/eaten something icy cold or leaned over to squash the bump a bit to provoke a reaction?

thehouseofmirth Thu 24-Jul-08 19:34:22

I seem to remember with DS that movement earlier on was initially a bit sporadic. However if you have been feeling it every day I can see why you'd feel worried. Your MW will not mind if you ring her, that's would I'd do.

feb Thu 24-Jul-08 19:36:40

i normally feel movement when I'm hunched over my computer keyboard hence tonight's extended mumsnetting!

LackaDAISYcal Thu 24-Jul-08 19:38:38

I was like this; first flutters at 14ish weeks, building steadily and i was feeling something at least a couple of times a day and then nothing for three or four days. MW found heartbeat OK and said not to worry as movement is very sporadic at this stage, especially as baby is small enought to be free floating. Also, if your placenta is to the front it can cushion any movements until the baby is much bigger and stronger.

I would call the MW if i were you just for some reassurance, but I'm pretty sure everything will be just fine smile

feb Thu 24-Jul-08 19:39:53

thanks all
i will call tomorrow if i've still not felt anything.
xx

babylove123 Thu 24-Jul-08 23:38:49

Hi,

I started to feel my baby move at 17.5 weeks, felt is everyday until about 10 days later and it went quiet. 3 days i worried about it and rang the out of hrs midwife who urged me to see someone the next day. I cldnt wait and DP took me to hospital. They found the heartbeat and explained that if you're feeling tired or a bit low, baby stops moving in order to conserve your energy. Have you been feeling under the weather lately? It took a couple more days and he/she started up again. Am now almost 23 weeks and its going well! For the reasurance, i wld see your doc/midwife but from experience, it can happen.

hester Thu 24-Jul-08 23:42:45

I'm sure it's fine - I bet your baby has just shifted position - but you're worried and so I think you should get it checked out. Good luck.

feb Fri 25-Jul-08 14:59:55

thanks for all your replies, have been feeling movement again today

hester Fri 25-Jul-08 21:15:35

Wonderful news! Have a great pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now