Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39.2 baby still high

(7 Posts)
bigboydiditandranaway Thu 24-Jul-08 10:01:17

Having 2nd child and just wondering if bump will drop a bit soon and if so, does that mean baby's arrival could be soon or does it mean it maybe a girl????

lulumama Thu 24-Jul-08 10:02:44

gender is nothing to do with it !! very often, second babies do not engage until labour is underway, where the contractions move the baby down... don;t read too much into it !

BandofMothers Thu 24-Jul-08 10:03:57

My second dd dropped quite early, at about 34 weeks, and then was 13 days late, arriving about 8 hrs before I was booked to be induced.

bigboydiditandranaway Thu 24-Jul-08 10:18:00

You hear so many old wives tales don't you, one lady said to me in tescos the other day, you're still carrying the baby high so you won't be having it just yet, when it moves down you won't go out!

Midwife said this week i am still 3/5 engaged, so will just carry on waiting then!

Littlefish Thu 24-Jul-08 10:28:15

Because my baby was spine to spine, it took 5 days of contractions for her to come down!

My bump was ridiculously high. So high in fact that I never wore maternity trousers, not even on the day I gave birth! All my trousers just sat underneath my bump!

lulumama Thu 24-Jul-08 12:15:42

3/5 engaged means baby is settling into the pelvis, if head was high, it would still be 'free' rather than partially engaged i think.

don;t worry too much!!

bigboydiditandranaway Thu 24-Jul-08 15:31:01

Thanks for your messages, won't worry now lulumamasmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now