Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone fallen pregnant on the implant?

(5 Posts)
Mistiek Wed 23-Jul-08 19:45:28

Hello

Has anyone ever fallen pregnant on the implant?

I had the implant put in last year June after haveing my second child. I was told it was the safest to use as its supposed to be 99.9% affective. However lately I feel sooooo pregnant. I have dizziness and naseua, food cravings and extreme tiredness. I lost almost a stone recently and have put it all back on sad.

I have been trying to find some info on it and alot of people are having the same feelings. last night a swear I felt movement - and not like normal wind movement. I was completely freaked out. I did a test on Sunday which came out negative. I dont get my periods much at the moment so could not tell how far gone I would be if I was pregnant and have now read that after a certain time the hormone level is too low to be picked up on a home test. Is this true?

Has anyone gone through the same things, fallen pregnant on it or can any one shed some light on this...

Mistiek Wed 23-Jul-08 20:28:39

bump...

snyonr out there?

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Thu 24-Jul-08 08:08:29

I think you are being paranoid -
1- you have a negative test. If you had pregnancy symptoms as you describe you would be at least 4-6 weeks preg. A test would show positive.
2- If you had symptoms as you describe you would not be pregnant enough to feel movement.

My friend had similar on the injection - she turned pout to be seriously anaemic. Go to the GP and have a blood test but it's very unlikely you are pregnant.

mamalovesmojitos Thu 24-Jul-08 17:47:26

i worry about this all the time. have the implant as well.
single now but last year i was constantly afraid i was pregnant.
didn't have any symptoms except movement in my tummy. convinced i could feel a baby move.
i was just paranoid.

izzybiz Thu 24-Jul-08 17:51:39

I had the implant untill last year, did lots of looking online, and found absolutely no one that had ever fallen pregnant while using it. The only cases were when it hadn't been inserted properly, and wasn't even in there!

I think because you really feel like you aren't using anything IYSWIM, you just get a bit paranoid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now