Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sharp pains inside - what could be causing them?

(7 Posts)
mckenzie Mon 07-Feb-05 19:24:23

I'm 37 weeks pg with baby No 2 and just recent;y have been having some sharp pains inside. They feel like someone is pushing a very sharp knitting needle right up inside me. I've had them on and off over the last few weeks, ie just one every couple of days, but today I've had quite a few of them. They dont last long but they are monstrously painful when they occur.

Any ideas what they might be?

HappyMumof2 Mon 07-Feb-05 19:26:24

Message withdrawn

Amanda3266 Mon 07-Feb-05 19:27:53

Hi there,

I used to get these - I think it's likely to be the baby's head pressing on nerves and muscles as it engages - might be descending a bit further. I used to get them (even though my DS's head never engaged and agree that they are very painful.

mckenzie Mon 07-Feb-05 19:28:27

to tell the truth Happymumof2, I'm not really that worried only curious. I know we all get different pains and aches leading up to D day and I'm sure this is just one of those but it would be good to have a diagnosis as then maybe I could (possibly) do something to ease them.

Mirage Mon 07-Feb-05 21:13:32

Oh me & my friends used to call these 'crotch zingers'.If they are anything like what I had,they are enough to make you stop & catch your breath with the pain.Never did work out what caused them,but would agree that it is probably the baby pressing on a nerve.

popsycal Mon 07-Feb-05 21:17:08

It is like the bay is tearing open your cerbix isnt it and the knitting needle thing is exactly how I would describe it,

I was told it is the baby's head pressing on your cervix....

bloody hurts though doesnt it

Cam Tue 08-Feb-05 12:31:48

Sounds like the pubic bone to me, can start to hurt near term.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now