Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with bra sizing!

(4 Posts)
Pontypine Tue 22-Jul-08 08:50:44

My friend measured me yesterday for my bridesmaid dress and at the same time i got her to measure the huge norks so i can get a proper fitting bra - the woman in our local mothercare looks incapable speaking let alone measuring a bra and our local debenhams is more of a "sexy"lingerie shop and there are never any staff in the bra dept.

Anyhoo....my under boob measurement was 32 which is what it always is and my "full bust" measurement was 38 - so, what size am i? am i right in thinking that makes me a 32e or 32f? And if so, does anyone know where to get a pretty bra in that size!

Slouchy Tue 22-Jul-08 08:53:34

Bravissimo/figleaves/ellemcpherson may be big enough? Not mothercare, no support at all.

You sound like a 32e to me. And that is puny, believe me wink- mine were 36JJ when bfing, and now 3 years after i stopped are still 30J!

Pontypine Tue 22-Jul-08 08:59:28

Thanks! i have been looking at the Bravado bras because they do them in pretty colours and i won't look like i have bandages wrapped around my body!!

I'm happy with a 32e!! Hope i can keep these boobs after my baby - it's the least mother nature can do after the pregnancy from hell!! ha ha!! although, knowing my luck i'll be a 32a!

Doozie Tue 22-Jul-08 09:06:50

I use Bravissimo. They have plenty of beautiful bras in larger cup sizes. They don't use tape measures so I'm not sure what you'll be. It often turns out you are smaller in the back and bigger in the cup than you think you are. So far in this pregnancy I've gone from a 30F to 34G. Blimey I hope they stop growing soon! Wishful thinking maybe as I've still got 4 months to go! I need decent, supportive bras so the Bravissimo maternity bras I found useless. I've stuck to wearing underwires, but constantly buying them in ever increasing sizes so they fit perfectly. I find the cotton bras the most confortable. Hope this helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now