Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feelin unattractive

(11 Posts)
Shelli08 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:21:28

im 24 weeks preg and feel so frumpy and unattractive its like my bf doesnt want to come near me, he likes looking at other women and it makes me feel so insecure

Shelli08 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:23:25

does anyone feel like this or is it just me?

bethoo Mon 21-Jul-08 22:27:38

quite common, i too feel like a frump!
it is hard especially if like me you obsessive with weight etc. i just hope that i get my body back!
i feel unnatractive too.
do you tell your dp how you feel as he should reassure you.
the good thing about pregnancy though for some is that it makes your libido increase and sex is great, but liek i said that is not everyone. of course you have to get past the feeling unsexy stage!

Shelli08 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:30:04

yeah i tell him but i never seem to get any compliments when i make an effort to look nice but if he sees another attractive girl his eyes pop out

Shelli08 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:31:17

it feels like i dont exist anymore and i think im falling out of love

bethoo Mon 21-Jul-08 22:33:25

that may be pregnancy hormones taking over and making you paraniod.
i would not worry as it is normal for men to look at other women! sadly it is a flaw we have to put up with!
i know it is hard to feel sexy when you have a large bump sticking out of you but i make sure i have my warpaint make up done nice and try to dress as good as i can considering!
stay away from baggy clothes as they will make you look and feel worse!
oh and i am 29 weeks preggers so feeling the same you do!

chocbiscuits Mon 21-Jul-08 22:33:32

Cheer up guys! Any chance you could borrow some maternity clothes from someone or get hold of some cheap second hand ones so you can have new things to wear?

bethoo Mon 21-Jul-08 22:34:37

dont think that,
when you are pregnant your hormones are all over and you start to re-prioritise what is important. before you got preggers your man was your number one but now you are havinga baby that becomes your number one.

bethoo Mon 21-Jul-08 22:35:39

New Look do nice maternity clothes. i got some jeans from there and Dorothy perkins and H&M for some nice yet sexy maternity clothes.

Shelli08 Mon 21-Jul-08 22:36:40

true - all men cant keep there eyes off,, its just so annoying that they get us preg and look elsewhere,,,doesnt help having thick hair with the hormones doesnt make me feel much better xx

dinkystinky Tue 22-Jul-08 08:59:35

Shelli08 - threaten to sit on your boyfriend if he doesnt support you, compliment you and stop drooling over other women in your presence... never had to do that with my DH but would have done when pregnant with DS if I had to (and believe me, I would have squashed him flat!).

It is sooooooooo common to feel huge, frumpy, fat etc when pregnant but try to remind yourself that all of these changes arent permanent and they're for a really good cause - your beautiful baby - and you'll have something to show for it all soon and be back to your normal self. Also, make sure you treat yourself (as you know you're worth it) - when I wanted a pregnancy pick me up, I got a nice new haircut or treated myself to a pregnancy massage or a nice new maternity top.... or even better, suggest your boyfriend gives you one of these treats for the amazing job you're doing growing his baby inside of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now