Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

have had 20 week scan delayed

(3 Posts)
kazbeth Mon 21-Jul-08 14:40:02

because I'm too fat apparently blush

I was expecting to have my scan at around 20 weeks but when I phoned they said that they wanted to wait until I was at least 22 weeks because of my bmi.

Anyone else had this? Is this normal? I didn't have any problems with my last pregnancy or birth and don't remember anyone even weighing me at all - no comments about my weight were made during my scans and I was about the same weight as I am now. Is this a new thing?

I've had 2 previous micarriages so the scan would have been great for making me feel better and more confident about this pregnancy. It's going to be a bit frustrating to have to wait longer so fingers crossed for 4 weeks.

Diet starts after the birth I think.

merryandmad Mon 21-Jul-08 18:56:09

I had mine at 20 weeks and did not have to wait any longer. Not sure what my BMI is- but i am larger than average (size 20-22). no one mentioned BMI to me for either dd1 or dd2!

kazbeth Mon 21-Jul-08 19:19:09

Thanks merryandmad, I know a few other not so skinny mums and don't think they've had to do this either. I've no idea what my bmi is either but I'm a size 18-20 but quite short so I expect it's pretty high.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now