Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have restless legs at night?

(9 Posts)
woose Mon 21-Jul-08 11:19:57

Hi all
Cannot sleep at all as I have restless legs. It is driving me crazy. I am at work today and I can't concentrate on anything because I am so tired. Can anyone suggest anything that might help me?

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Mon 21-Jul-08 11:22:42

It can sometimes mean your iron is low, so try to eat iron rich foods (not liver) or take a supplement like floradix.

Or sometimes there is just no explanation for it. It drives me insane!

alittlebitshy Mon 21-Jul-08 11:23:22

lord yes!

I forget - is drinking tonic water/bitter lemon a suggestion for restless legs or cramp? I know I have seen it discussed but can't remember..... nor do i know if it works, so I'm probably not being very useful grin other than to say lots of sympathy!

woose Mon 21-Jul-08 11:28:59

I shall have to have a steak or something. I think my iron was a little bit lower than it normally is, but not really low. Last night I thought I just wanted to chop my egs off and I thought I cannot cope with 2 hours sleep for the next 10 weeks. I saw the other insomnia link and I really relate to that, I hate not being able to sleep.

MimisMama Tue 22-Jul-08 09:59:29

Hi woose - I've just suffered two nights of the same and also seriously considered chopping off my legs - it drives you mad and I kept thinking I must be just imagining it, which then made me more cross angry.

I'm seeing my midwife later so will let you know if she has any suggestions.

Have also heard the thing about tonic water (regular, not diet) so will be stocking up today.

iMum Tue 22-Jul-08 10:00:22

I was advised tp drink tonic water (with quinin in) and eat salty crisps. helps cramp too.

TillyScoutsmum Tue 22-Jul-08 10:07:05

Hi. I had really bad restless legs when pg. Sympathies sad

Tonic, iron and salt all good. Also recommend getting some Clarins tired leg cream here. It really helped (particularly if your dh/dp can spend half an hour before bed massaging your legs with it)

sarah293 Tue 22-Jul-08 10:09:15

Message withdrawn

stickybean Tue 22-Jul-08 10:29:06

I have this and it is unbearable. I also get it in my arm sometimes.
I find the best thing for it is to have a bath last thing and then get straight into bed. It literally stops the second i get in the bath and if i'm lucky enough i can get to sleep before it gets really bad again. Not always but does work sometimes.
Have the bath a tad hotter than you normally would (not too hot though as hot baths and pregnancy don't mix) this will make you a bit more sleepy.

Seriously though, the second you get in the bath it disappears, its a shame you can't go to sleep in a hot bath!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now