Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is cycling goignt o make my sore pelvis worse?

(8 Posts)
pistachio Mon 21-Jul-08 10:12:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Celery Mon 21-Jul-08 10:14:35

I would avoid it. It certainly aggravated my dodgy pelvis during and after pregnancy.

Moomin Mon 21-Jul-08 10:20:21

God no it will make it much worse <ouch>
If you think you might develop spd the best thing you can do is rest up. If your pelvis is sore now, it's trying to warn you to take it easy. The only exercise I was advised to try is swimming but you need to concentrate on your arms and not do any leg strokes that force your legs apart - try to keep them together.

pistachio Mon 21-Jul-08 11:26:35

Qally Mon 21-Jul-08 22:20:31

Oddly enough my antenatal physio said cycling can help SPD sufferers, as long as the pedals are the right length - it keeps your legs relatively together. (Too short, and legs separate, which is v. bad obviously). Have to admit the idea makes me wince, but she was definite on it working well for some.

pistachio Tue 22-Jul-08 16:20:06

RIBS Tue 22-Jul-08 16:43:47

Ive just gone 32 weeks and had my last gym session on Friday.sad
I really wanted to keep going til my due date or as near as possible.

But my hips and pelvis were sore as hell day after training & v painful getting up after being sat for a while. I tried just taking it very steady in there for the last 2 weeks using the recumbant bike and just walking & doin light weights, but if im not going at it like a bull at a gate then i just get bored. And to be honest it was still hurting my hips.

I think it gets to a poiunt when you are doing more harm than good.

Good luck!!

pistachio Tue 22-Jul-08 18:39:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now