Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 weeks pregnant and baby is transverse.......

(6 Posts)
becaroo Mon 21-Jul-08 09:43:58

....and has been for a while I think, if where I get movements are anything to go by.

I have another scan next week and an appointment with the consultant.

What are the chances of the baby turning in the next few weeks? (My ds was born naturally at 37 weeks) Am pertrified of having a ceasarean and have read that if I go into labour with the baby in this position the cord could prolapse (I hate google!)

Anything I can do? Should not do? Bit worried......

BorgLady Mon 21-Jul-08 10:18:37

Mine was transverse at 32 weeks too, although no one seemed overly worried about it. I read that it was pretty rare to still be transverse after 28 weeks, particularly with a first, so I, of course, WAS worried!

But then he moved all by himself at 33 so it turned out my fears were groundless. Everyone kept telling me there was plenty of time and I didn't believe them.

Turns out they were right as I am now 40+6 hmm and he's still wriggling around like a thing possessed.

Good luck!

Ambi Mon 21-Jul-08 10:26:29

mine was transverse around then too, but had moved round by 36 weeks. I was quite looking forward to a csection as well.
though when she did move I nearly passed out I felt so ill, the doc thinks it was her moving my organs as she turned. The mws were completely unconcerned about being transverse as it seems pretty normal until later.

ronshar Mon 21-Jul-08 10:38:29

It is time for you to start crawling around on all fours.smile It was the thing that got my DD1 to turn. Although she ended up back to back but thats a whole different issue.
My midwife at the time said lots of women nowadays are transverse because we dont spend as much time scrubbing floors etcgrin. I was horrified that she actually expected me to start cleaning the floors.
Try to keep your knees higher than you pelvis as it gives baby more space to turn around. Also try not to sit down too much. Lie or recline. Like a film stargrin.

becaroo Mon 21-Jul-08 19:10:44

..thanks for all your tips!! Need a chaise longue then ronshar (sigh) grin

KristinaM Mon 21-Jul-08 19:16:59

2 of mine were transverse. one turned himself at about 38 weeks and i had ECV to turn the other

i tried all that scrubbing lark to no avail

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now