Talk

Advanced search

24 weeks preg and a horrible cold - can I use Karvol/Olbas Oil?

(8 Posts)
lummox Mon 07-Feb-05 10:43:56

Am 24 weeks pregnant with a horrible cold. I'm feeling deprived enough that I can't have Lemsip, but it's just occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't inhale with Karvol or Olbas either.

Does anyone know if they are safe in pregnancy?

Leogaela Mon 07-Feb-05 11:13:04

I used olbas oil so i hope it is safe. I dont think it said anything on the package about it not being safe. I ahve taked baths in it before when I've had really bad colds but thought it may not be the best idea during pregnancy! Check with the pharmacy.

Lua Mon 07-Feb-05 11:33:27

I have used obas inhalers. They were the only thing my pharmacist would let me have! I belive it is safe.
Disclaimer : This is my opinion only, not a doctor !

Sponge Mon 07-Feb-05 11:37:05

Olbas is fine.
I was advised that Sudafed was also fine, so if you get really bunged up you can take this.
There's actually no real reason not to take Lemsip as it's paracetamol based and psuedo-ephadrine, the decongestant, has no known ill-effects.

Marina Mon 07-Feb-05 11:43:02

Agree Olbas is fine, a pharmacist checked it for me when I was similarly afflicted.
Hope you feel better soon.

lummox Mon 07-Feb-05 13:48:50

That is fantastic - might now be able to get some sleep tonight.

Thanks to all.

lummox Mon 07-Feb-05 13:55:43

That is fantastic - might now be able to get some sleep tonight.

Thanks to all.

Eva3 Mon 07-Feb-05 14:01:02

I have a terrible tickly throat/ cough - can I take Sudafed extra strength lozengers.? Is there anything else out there that may help? Am 40 wks today, coughed most of the night and am exhausted!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now