Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any experience of birth at Kings College Hosp?

(5 Posts)
splishsplosh Sun 20-Jul-08 19:31:02

My local hospital (Mayday) don't want me as my cardiologist at St Georges say I should have cardiac facilities available to be on the safe side - the anaesthetist at Mayday doesn't seem to think Mayday can provide this adequately and wants me to go elsewhere, and I have to choose somewhere.

I've read another thread about St Georges which sounds quite positive, and I've read a few good comments about Tommies, but Kings is another option, so any feedback would be appreciated

angel1976 Sun 20-Jul-08 20:37:14

I was high risk and had my CVS and follow-up cardiac and full anomaly scans at Kings Hospital and I cannot rate their EPU highly enough! They are really fabulous. I didn't give birth there (as it would involve a hair-raising jam-packed drive across South London) but wished I had the choice. GL!

poppy34 Sun 20-Jul-08 22:33:45

st thomas were fantastic (admittedly I was via lansdell suite) but can't fault it ...experience of friends (one of whom who had both her kids there) also positive. Would echo what other poster said about factor in journey times.. was great for antenatal for me but had a slightly hair raising trip from home when in labour

splishsplosh Mon 21-Jul-08 09:09:48

Journey times make me anxious too - last time was about 5 hours anyway - none of these hospitals are very close to me - I don't want to end up giving birth in a taxi!

poppy34 Mon 21-Jul-08 13:09:42

talk to doc/mw about it.. although uncomfortable we did agree that I should go in earlier than usual recommended time ..its just things speeded up a little. Its a balance though between journey time but knowing you'll be in a good place when you get there adn in the end that won out for me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now