Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain at 33 weeks - any one else had this

(7 Posts)
LEMONADEGIRL Sun 20-Jul-08 11:51:59

Can anyone shead any light as to what might be wrong with my sil.

She is 33 weeks and currently in hospital. She is feeling unwell with period pains and very strong bh pains that are preventing her from getting any rest.

Docs have confirmed she is not in labour and blood urine samples have come back clear.

We are all worried about her as there doesnt seem to be any explanationas to what is causing it.

Anyone experienced this before?

bubblagirl Sun 20-Jul-08 13:39:07

i had terrible kidney infection that caused me to feel like this but you say urine test was ok so not really to sure but i hope she is ok x

reban Sun 20-Jul-08 16:27:18

what are bh pains? I have a cyst on one of my ovaries and get very bad period type pains from that. If they can still see her ovaries on a scan they can check for them.

LEMONADEGIRL Sun 20-Jul-08 19:00:23

Thanks for replies smile

B.h. - Braxton Hicks, was in a rush when posting erlier.

I wondered if it was bladder/ urine infection but test were neg.

She seems alot better so all good, just hardv for her as no idea what was causing it.

TinkerBellesMum Sun 20-Jul-08 19:30:22

Could just be strong BH, I was hospitalised at about 28 weeks with them. They were so strong they kept me in to make sure I wasn't in labour.

Also, which way up is the baby? Breech (common at that stage) babies can literally be a pain.

LEMONADEGIRL Sun 20-Jul-08 19:38:29

Hi TBM, baby is head down.

BH seems the most likely cause imo too, as all test have all come back neg.

She has had an easy pregnancy so this is a bit of a shock.

cat811 Mon 21-Jul-08 19:04:57

I had exactly this last week (32 weeks) - flt like horrible period pains that were constant, rather than coming andf going. Hospital did all tests and ruled everything else out, as with your sis, and said it was prob an overstretched ligament, and that I had been standing/walking around too much and overdoing it - I took 2 days off work and sat with feet up, and pain went away! Hope that helps x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now