Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What were your first pg symptoms and when did they start?

(53 Posts)
eth37 Sun 20-Jul-08 11:15:42

Just wondering how soon people began to get symptoms! As we are ttc first, I am a total novice. Did you get symptoms before AF due? And anything I should be looking for other than sore boobs?! Thank you - all responses much appreciated!

babyignoramus Sun 20-Jul-08 12:19:51

First thing I noticed were implantation pains. That was on CD23! They felt like period pains but without the period obviously. Got a BFP that day.

madmouse Sun 20-Jul-08 12:32:04

just after my period was due I got so very tired I did not know what hit me.

sickness came later

sore boobs I think were there just before period was due, but then that is nothing new.

LittleMyDancingForJoy Sun 20-Jul-08 13:02:44

With first pg, nothing much for quite a while, then sore boobs about 6 weeks, about 8-9 weeks started feeling really sick, especially when hungry, and completely knackered!

With this one, sickness started really soon after conception, and obsessive cleaning grin! Also a weird mixture of loads of energy and feeling really knackered, and total forgetfulness. Goldfish memory.

popsycal Sun 20-Jul-08 13:07:03

horrible horrible fkashy headache

Boobz Sun 20-Jul-08 14:28:11

Am about 6 wks gone and have had no symptoms at all. If I was to stretch it, I think I have felt my heart race once or twice when trying to fall asleep late at night (is that pregnancy related - anyone had that?)... and have had weird dreams. Nothing other than that... this is my first.

Ledodgy Sun 20-Jul-08 14:31:06

I get symptoms not long after i've concieved. I feel quite hot, extremley tired, sort of heavy in the pelvic region and a bit nauseous.

eth37 Sun 20-Jul-08 16:19:36

Thank you everyone! A friend told me she didn't feel any different for the first 4 months...

Heated Sun 20-Jul-08 16:56:53

Mine were subtle and I could easily have ignored them - the first indication was feeling a bit nauseous on the Tower of Terror, when I never feel sick on those things. Looking back the main symptom was tiredness but dh & I had been manically busy. I also got a bit bustier but that was also at the time when my pg was due, but I'm afraid that was about it until I got a bump at about 20wks.

foxymolly Sun 20-Jul-08 17:01:44

Extremely tired. Normally I'm a nightowl/insomanic up to the early hours. When I was 8 weeks I was in bed by 9pm every night.

star6 Sun 20-Jul-08 17:10:48

SPOTS.. lots of little spots breaking out on my forehead... like a teenager!! And 2 little ones on my back. I had never EVER had spots/acne as a teenager or adult anywhere - so it was awful!!! Of course, I didnt realize they were a pg symptom at the time... grin

auntyspan Sun 20-Jul-08 17:17:07

Just sore boobs for me, started in both pg pretty much from conception.... although I have sensitive norks wink

crampy pains similar to period pains, about a week before AF was due.

digitalgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 18:38:52

Implantation cramps at 12dpo, then nothing for a a few days.
Implantation bleed at 5 weeks (which scared the hell out of me as it lasted over 2 weeks)
Sore boobs at night from 6 weeks.
A little nausea but then constant hunger from 7 weeks.

That was it. Didn't really feel like symptoms at the time.

frankiesbestfriend Sun 20-Jul-08 18:53:34

Mainly heightened senses-taste and smell.

Went off coffee, tea and eggs.

Couldn't stand the smell in the fridge, I thought something had gone off in there and spent ages trying to locate it.

Super tired in the evenings, then at about 6 weeks the nausea began.

frankiesbestfriend Sun 20-Jul-08 18:56:04

Oh and second hand smoke repulsed me.

Basically all the things you are supposed to avoid when pg became repulsive.
My body's way of protecting the baby I suppose.

SaintDeliasprotegee Sun 20-Jul-08 18:58:43

Sore boobs that also felt different, fuller/weightier. In the few days before AF was due had loads of lower stomach ache and was really grouchy so was sure AF was coming - this happened both times I found out I was pg yet it still fooled me 2nd time <idiot>

TheRealPhartiphukborlz Sun 20-Jul-08 19:15:00

exhausted
metalic taste

CaptainKarvol Sun 20-Jul-08 20:08:37

First time: huge hunger which had me eating loads of fruit and veg plus constipationhmm, both in week 4/5, before I took a pregnancy test (I was on holiday in the middle of nowhere in Scotland, no chemists for many, many miles).

This time: increased CM in week 3 (just after ovulation), stretching pains/cramps in week 4, tiredness just hitting now as I start week 5.

Every time I've had symptoms to spot before my period was due, they have been totally imaginary, worse luck (TTC for 13 cycles, so I spotted a lot of imaginary symptoms!)

Elmosgirl Sun 20-Jul-08 20:12:40

First pregnancy symptom other than BFP was bump starting about 18-20 weeks. In both pregnancies have had no symptoms before that at all.

zaphod Sun 20-Jul-08 20:17:40

First time, I was cold a lot of the time when it wasn't actually cold. Didn't happen so much the other times though.

betterhalf Sun 20-Jul-08 20:19:19

Absolutely shattered. Never known tiredness like it. No other symptoms.

betterhalf Sun 20-Jul-08 20:22:49

I should add that having had a baby and dealing with the night time lack of sleep, now I know what real tiredness is! grin

Ambi Sun 20-Jul-08 20:24:09

Nothing really, my tastebuds changed about 5 weeks, then tiredness, then the miniscule bladder.

No morning sickness though.

dinny Sun 20-Jul-08 20:26:57

heightened smell v early on
sore boobs (first pg worst)
bigger boobs
food aversions
headaches
tiredness
and now nausea ( 7 weeks)

bleurgh

Boobz Sun 20-Jul-08 22:44:15

Having said I have no symptoms, I now appear to be going to the loo every 15 mins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now