Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Hyperemesis- when does it start?

(8 Posts)
WonderingaboutSickness Sat 19-Jul-08 15:49:15

Hyperemesis is in my family -not sure if if hereditary or someone can be pre-disposed to it or not..

Those who had it, when did it start? does it kick in quite early? Im 5Wks+2 and wondering when/if it will start

thanks grin

nickytwotimes Sat 19-Jul-08 15:50:18

Mine was about 7 weeks - felt fab till then.
Hopefully, yo umight not get it?

WonderingaboutSickness Sat 19-Jul-08 15:54:59

Hi Nicky

Thanks - I've been feeling quite good only mild waves of nausea so far but nothing bad. Not even been that tired - though I've been getting good nights sleep- time will tell

bikerunski Sat 19-Jul-08 21:44:41

First pg, now 31+4:

7 weeks - asked my sister (mum of 2) if it was normal to feel fine, not sick, sore, tired etc
8 weeks - started throwing up and then not eating (on logic that if I didn't eat anything, couldn't throw it up)
9 weeks - Admitted to hospital with hyperemisis
15 weeks - stopped throwing up

Was in and out of hospital for 6 weeks.

bikerunski Sat 19-Jul-08 21:45:50

Actually when I say I stopped throwing up at 15 weeks, I meant that I stopped throwing up quiet so often and managed to keep myself nourished and hydrated without medical intervention.

AnnVan Tue 22-Jul-08 02:46:24

I had hyperemesis, started about 7 weeks, it's what made me do the pregnancy test. Thought I had that Noro virus thing because I was so sick, it went on for too long so did a test and got a BFP. It was so bad I was off work for nearly 3 months. Tried to go in during that time ended up throwing up on tube platforms aroung London blush

babylove123 Tue 22-Jul-08 11:55:51

Hi,

I had hyperemesis - oh it was horrible. Mine was from 5 weeks - 16 weeks. Lost 2 stone from not eating and ended up in hospital and was on medication from the docs in the end because of it.

Keep your fingers crossed you dont get it!!!!

Booboobedoo Tue 22-Jul-08 11:57:48

Started at 6 weeks, stopped at 7 months.

Really hope you don't get it.

(But if you do, remember it's finite, and your baby will be worth it smile).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: