Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help needed to find an outfit for evening wedding. (Im 35 weeks)

(13 Posts)

Would be grateful for any suggestions only have a week to find something. Would like a dress even though it means trying to faff around with fake tan when I cant really bend down blush
Been looking for nice tops bandeau style could be ok, but not sure what trousers.
TIA

anyone??

Rhian82 Sat 19-Jul-08 14:39:20

I've just bought a dress from BHS in the sale for a friend's daytime wedding in August. Not maternity but floaty enough to work fine. They've got a lot of dresses like that in different colours here - if you've got one near you it might be worth a look?

Next are normally good for swish maternity stuff, but their new directory only has black maternity dresses, not great for a wedding. If you've got a store that stocks maternity stuff near you they could be worth a look though, their old-season sale starts today. Their sale's online as well - can't see any dresses with a quick look, but could be good for trousers and top.

Thankyou. Yes have looked at next. Will check out bhs too. smile

MrsBadger Sat 19-Jul-08 15:13:30

If you lke I can lend you a brown chiffon Jojo dress that I wore for a wedding at (er) 36wks.
It's a 10, sleeveless, empire line, calf / low knee length with a wrap - effect bodice and good wide straps.

Mine was a day wedding so I wore it with a big hat and a straw bag but it'd definitely glam up for evening if you added some bling.

I can find soem pics fi you like

There's always lots in Ebay too as so many people buy them then only wear them once

MrsBadger Sat 19-Jul-08 15:32:32

in fact it's just like this one

ah bless you MrsBadger that is so lovely of you but I think Im more of a 12.
Although some of my maternity trousers and jeans are a 10 most tops are 12/14.
But thankyou so much for offering
The dress is gorgeous BTW. {smile]

blush obviously meant smile

MrsBadger Sat 19-Jul-08 18:41:23

it's actually very generous round the chest
if you;d like to try it in case let me know - it'll only be light to post

olyoly Sat 19-Jul-08 19:12:24

I have worn my IO ruffle wrap dress to two events and it gets tons of compliments. I love the purple color there is a sale on now

Kezza7779 Sat 19-Jul-08 23:58:00

from here to maternity .co .uk

have an airbrush tan!

reban Sun 20-Jul-08 16:58:47

try ebay maternity. Not looked recently but have seen some lovely dressy items on there before

Thank you all for advice, and MrsBadger thankyou again.
I really wanted to wear a dress but looks like having to be trousers as I tried out My st tropez spray today and it was green.
shock Does it go off?
Never have luck with fake tan and I am very very white infact no Im actually blue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now