Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone translate my notes?

(7 Posts)
BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 19:35:48

I'm 40+3 and had a sweep today. The consultant who did it said my cervix was softening.

She has written in my notes "Cervical status ..." and then something beginning with b I think.

Does anyone know what that could be and what it means?

TIA!

madmouse Fri 18-Jul-08 20:36:24

are you sure it is a b? 'favourable' would be the first word to spring to mind, as in, getting ready and allowing a good sweep.

BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 22:07:21

It's not long enough to be "favourable" and it does look like a b ...

I could be wrong though, would favourable be just softening, or would that indicate some dilation too? She was able to sweep me, so I guess that's good.

I just love to know what's happening!

Thanks for your help!

mydisguise Fri 18-Jul-08 22:27:53

can ui make out any other letters in the word? is that all it says? cervical status b...

BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 22:37:45

I suppose the word it most resembles is "buddy"! Seriously doubt that though ...

Ah well, I'll have to ask next time I go.

Thanks for the help!

asur Sat 19-Jul-08 09:32:47

i'm no expert but I'm sure that there is a bishop's score for the readiness of a cervix... does it have a number after it? could it be 'bishop'?

don't you wish HCP's could write clearly?!

BorgLady Sat 19-Jul-08 11:29:30

Nope, doesn't appear to be a number after it either! I REALLY wish they would write clearly, I absolutely love reading my notes back after I've had an appointment and finding out what it all means, this has been the first time it's stayed a mystery angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now