Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Can anyone translate my notes?

(7 Posts)
BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 19:35:48

I'm 40+3 and had a sweep today. The consultant who did it said my cervix was softening.

She has written in my notes "Cervical status ..." and then something beginning with b I think.

Does anyone know what that could be and what it means?

TIA!

madmouse Fri 18-Jul-08 20:36:24

are you sure it is a b? 'favourable' would be the first word to spring to mind, as in, getting ready and allowing a good sweep.

BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 22:07:21

It's not long enough to be "favourable" and it does look like a b ...

I could be wrong though, would favourable be just softening, or would that indicate some dilation too? She was able to sweep me, so I guess that's good.

I just love to know what's happening!

Thanks for your help!

mydisguise Fri 18-Jul-08 22:27:53

can ui make out any other letters in the word? is that all it says? cervical status b...

BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 22:37:45

I suppose the word it most resembles is "buddy"! Seriously doubt that though ...

Ah well, I'll have to ask next time I go.

Thanks for the help!

asur Sat 19-Jul-08 09:32:47

i'm no expert but I'm sure that there is a bishop's score for the readiness of a cervix... does it have a number after it? could it be 'bishop'?

don't you wish HCP's could write clearly?!

BorgLady Sat 19-Jul-08 11:29:30

Nope, doesn't appear to be a number after it either! I REALLY wish they would write clearly, I absolutely love reading my notes back after I've had an appointment and finding out what it all means, this has been the first time it's stayed a mystery angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: