Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

10 MIU 'dip' test. veyr faint line. 4 days late. am i pregnant?

(7 Posts)
NattyPlusTwo Fri 18-Jul-08 18:42:47

my period was due on tuesday, i did a boots own brand test monday and tuesday negative.
got some 10 MIU tests on ebay, from a clinic, done a few and they were complete negatives, but this morning got a faint line (stupidly faint, like can barely see it) did another one when i got in this evening, and same line again. does this mean im pregnant? according to the instructions we normally have about 5 MIU, so does this mean thats all its picking up as its so so faint? surely this long after period due it should show up as a normal line?
im sooo confused!

madmouse Fri 18-Jul-08 20:39:33

Can imagine you are feeling confused. Let it rest and try again in two days, with a good reliable test like clearblue. You may be pregnant, your period may be late or it may be a not so viable pregnancy (sorry, that sounds horrid - not meaning to upset you)which means there are pregnancy hormones, but not a lot.

Keep us posted

Hunnie Sat 19-Jul-08 17:53:52

NattyPlusTwo - Hi I have just experieced the exact same thing with the same level of sensitivity in the test. The line was so faint I didn't really see it at first. I put a post on here this morning and a couple of people has mentioned evaporation lines. The thing is though, surely a line is a line? Like you I am confused. I am going to do another one tomorrow and am keeping my fingers crossed; hopefully we will both get a positive!!

Anglepoise Sat 19-Jul-08 18:49:07

Sounds like a line to me - good luck and tentative congrats to you both

rainbowdays Sat 19-Jul-08 21:08:24

Whenever I tested with the cheap ebay 10miu tests the lines were always faint even at several weeks pregnant. Lines appeared within the 5 min when pg. If not pg then within the 5 mins would be clearly no line. After a couple of hours sometimes would get evaporation line, which never really had any colour but was able to see where line should be.

So - Nattyplus two - congratulations seems you might be pg.

Hunnie - did you get the line within the 5 mins? If so congrats to you too, if not, try again tomorrow morning!

Hunnie Sun 20-Jul-08 13:18:25

rainbowdays - it was actually after 5 minutes but not a couple of hours. It is still there and period still not here. Do feel like it might but did with all three of my pregnancies. I can but hope

Hunnie Sun 20-Jul-08 13:19:13

Anglepoise - thanks for the "tentative congrats"!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now