Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Extremely weepy - normal?

(13 Posts)
plantsitter Fri 18-Jul-08 10:48:24

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and to be honest I'm always a bit like this but I just seem to be getting weepier and weepier. This week I've cried:
Because DP has gone out without me 2 nights in a row (is perfectly entitled to)
Because my nephew is so cute
Because the procession of strikers was so moving
Because my Grandma might die (I mean, she might, but she's not planning to)
At a community concert on the high street
Because the bus was too hot
Numerous times, just because.

Is this normal? Should I worried I'm having too much of a hormone surge or something? I feel like a useless snivelling heap!

witchandchips Fri 18-Jul-08 10:54:40

i cry at eastenders, perfectly normal for me smile (15 weeks today)

spicemonster Fri 18-Jul-08 11:00:19

Normal I'm afraid (or is that good?). Anyway it does get slightly better. I cried once because I had to carry my basket for a nanosecond longer because the man in front of me put his briefcase on the conveyor belt in Waitrose meaning I couldn't put my shopping down blush

ILikeToMoveItMoveIt Fri 18-Jul-08 11:03:20

Very normal.

I can especially identify with Spicemonster's experience. You want to cry with frustrated rage 'don't you know I'm pregnant? Stop being so selfish' I really needed to calm down!!

plantsitter Fri 18-Jul-08 11:04:00

Thanks ladies, it is good news, oddly - just thought that since I was supposed to be feeling better soon what with being nearly at the end of the 1st trimester, crying more and more might be a sign of something going wrong. So I am a weepy worrier. Great. Makes me fabulous to live with <goes off crying at thought DP might get so annoyed with the worrying/sobbing he'll leave me on my own with the baby>

springerspaniel Fri 18-Jul-08 13:25:23

Yip. Perfectly normal. Non-pregnant, brass bands make me cry. Pregnant, the thought of brass bands can make me cry. grin

Am now on maternity leave and the daily dose of ER at 10am is just killing me! I worry I will get dehydrated from tears.

Wait till you get to day 3 after having a baby when your milk comes in. Cry-tastic.

Jojay Fri 18-Jul-08 13:28:10

Yep, me too.

I'm not a weepy sort normally so poor DH doesn't know what's hit him.

And I'm 6 mths pregnant so don't assume it'll end any time soon........!!

Wasn't like this with DS at all!!

HappyNewMum2Be Fri 18-Jul-08 13:40:05

Hey, the worst thing you can do is worry about worrying and getting upset - you'll just upset yourself even more.

I found that the traditional: 1st trimester will be awful, 2nd you will bloom, 3rd you will get tired and fat , only sort of right. for most of 1st and 2nd, I was an emotional and physical wreck, still not blooming, and moving into 3rd trimester now, I am certainly not fat and not really tired, even though suffering from pregnancy insomnia.

Avoid all of the discovery H&H birth/labour programmes - especially the american ones! Extreme Home Makeover - I cried at this before I was pregnant never mind now... The True Movies Channel is also something to avoid - full of programmes about missing kids, lost twins, adoptions etc etc, the worst was the mom who was dying of cancer who found homes for all of her kids! Oh, tissues galore.

Anyway, revel in the fact that you are able to be completely irrational and blame it on your hormones - there aren't many times in our lives when we can get away with it grin

plantsitter Fri 18-Jul-08 14:36:51

Just the mention of brass bands and True Movies is making me well up. I actually don't UNenjoy it, and now I know everyone else has it I might just wallow in it a bit...

springerspaniel Fri 18-Jul-08 15:11:02

Oh plantsitter - I absolutely love it (most of the time).

I'm sure I watched camcorder of DS's birthday party the other day just to make myself cry.

ilovemydog Fri 18-Jul-08 15:13:40

it's the hormones.... absolutely normal, as far as I'm aware smile

congratulations!

BorgLady Fri 18-Jul-08 19:21:39

I cried today when someone on Cash In The Attic talked about her dead husband. They showed a photo of him and he looked so lovely ... sad

funbags Fri 18-Jul-08 19:59:43

at 8 weeks I managed a good 30 minutes because I stood on a snail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now