Talk

Advanced search

31 wks pg, tender swelling on pudendum, does anyone know anything about this?

(7 Posts)
orangina Sun 06-Feb-05 10:31:15

Wondering if anyone could help, given the wealth of knowledge and experience out there... I'm 31 wks pg, this is my 1st pregnancy, and generally I've been fit and healthy throughout. I have found over the last 3-4 weeks that if I have been sitting for a while, I am a bit stiff (uncomfortable, not painful) just on my pudendum, but it tends to go away after I move around a bit. Last ante natal appt I saw a doctor who gave me the once over, I mentioned this to her, and she said it was normal, so I didn't think anything of it. Since then it has got more frequent, though no more painful, but this morning I woke up and there is quite a bit swelling on it (I can't see it, only feel it!), to one side only, and it feels as though it might be full of fluid. I've no fluid retention anywhere else, and it is definitely more tender and uncomfortable than before.
Any ideas what this is? SHould I go and see someone? Was thinking of calling the labour ward of the hospital that I'm booked into and seeing how busy they are, but I really don't want to bother them if it's something v. basic that I just don't know about!
Thanks so much for any help, sorry this is a bit of a ramble!

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 10:51:36

what is a pudendum?

orangina Sun 06-Feb-05 11:37:34

it's that hard bone at the front of the base of your pelvis... Under your pubes, as dh has just pointed out!

orangina Sun 06-Feb-05 11:56:35

bump, in the hope that mears or someone might be able to shed some light?

misdee Sun 06-Feb-05 11:58:42

could it be ligament pain? i am very sore down below, and have put it down to pressure of baby pushing down and everything stretching.

Eva3 Sun 06-Feb-05 12:02:36

I have had an inflamed sachorilliac joint, ie hip-pain, and I saw both a physio and an osteopath for it (helped a lot!) They both mentioned the pubic bone pain that you seem to be describing - in the context that pubic bone pain is more difficult to find treatment for (I got a hipbrace which has been fab) but not uncommon. I highly recommend you see someone about it.

orangina Sun 06-Feb-05 12:06:40

thanks to both of you for replying! When I saw the dr a few weeks ago and I mentioned it, she said it was ligament pain and completely normal, but it wasn't at all swollen then. It doesn't feel muscular, as any other "stretching" pains do, it's very much on the surface (if that makes sense). I think I will have to see someone about it if it doesn't clear up in the next few days. So sorry to hear that you're both in pain and hope that it clears up sooner rather than later (your pains, as well as mine!)....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now