Talk

Advanced search

Eaten camenbert...

(8 Posts)
TooEarlyToTell Thu 17-Jul-08 18:09:24

I went MacDonalds today blush (but lets not judge) and ordered the cheese melt bites. Thought they tasted like brie maybe but I asked on the way out and they were made from camenbert.

Obviously as a mould ripened cheese I shouldn't have eaten this while pg but does the fact that it was cooked make it ok?

Ewe Thu 17-Jul-08 18:11:48

Yes, I'm sue it was positively nuked at McD's, barely any chance of it having any bacteria left!

TooEarlyToTell Thu 17-Jul-08 19:01:40

Thanks Ewe!! That's what I thought.

Anyone have any more scientific thoughts?

EffiePerine Thu 17-Jul-08 19:10:16

I'm eating soft and blue cheese if cooked (both brie and camembert mould ripened cheese btw)

star6 Thu 17-Jul-08 19:10:41

I started a thread last night about feta... eaten it once per month for 6 months not realizing it was a no-no cheese in pregnancy. Everyone said it was fine and there are some good links on that thread if you're interested.

LOL abbout the no bacteria left... not judging you, but yuck, thinking about the smell of that place when you walk by it on the high street makes me ill.

TooEarlyToTell Thu 17-Jul-08 19:23:21

Thanks star, I found your thread and read that guardian article. Very interesting.

slinkiemalinki Thu 17-Jul-08 20:46:58

Cooked is absolutely fine. The chances of catching anything from the stinkiest smelliest unpasteurised camembert is pretty remote anyway. So you mustn't worry at all!

Othersideofthechannel Thu 17-Jul-08 20:48:20

I doubt MacDonalds use unpasteurised camembert. It is harder to get hold of and usually more expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now