Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I just completely mad or has anyone else felt like this?

(9 Posts)
alexpolismum Thu 17-Jul-08 14:48:06

I already have two children - one is 14 months and I gave birth to the other just ten days ago.

The thing is I miss being pregnant. My daughter is just ten days old, you would think I had enough on my hands, but I find myself looking wistfully down at where the big bump used to be and wondering whether I could cope with a third. I haven't even fully recovered from giving birth yet, but I keep thinking about pregnancy.

Am I completely mad or is this normal? Has anyone else felt like this?

babytime Thu 17-Jul-08 14:51:06

you're mad grin

get some sleep

only joking - maybe your just mother nature!

scorpio1 Thu 17-Jul-08 14:54:53

me!!

dd is 12 weeks (and db3) and im doing all i can to stop myself from asking dh to ttc again.

dinkystinky Thu 17-Jul-08 14:55:58

I felt exactly the same after having DS - looked down at my huge saggy tummy, looking all deflated and sorry for itself, and rather missed having the little one in there shunting himself around. Think its the hormones - it passed after a few weeks...

alexpolismum Thu 17-Jul-08 14:59:54

thank goodness I'm not the only one!

Scorpio - I made the mistake of mentioning it to dh and he looked horrified!

I didn't feel like this after giving birth the first time round (well, not immediately, anyway!!)

scorpio1 Thu 17-Jul-08 15:00:25

lol

mine is coming round...

alexpolismum Thu 17-Jul-08 15:02:16

Those hormones! We suffer with them every month with our periods, they are all over the place during pregnancy, and now it seems that even after birth they're out to get us! Is there no respite?!

PetitFilou1 Thu 17-Jul-08 16:37:56

You are mad but I knew even immediately after giving birth to dd (no2) that I would do it again. Am now 34 weeks pregnant with no3 - but then again she is almost 3 and ds is 4.5! This time I really feel this is the last one - it is a relief to feel like that.

AlbertaWildRose Thu 17-Jul-08 17:40:50

I felt exactly the same after the birth of my DS. I was absolutely thrilled to have him, but did miss being pregnant. I adored being pregnant, and it's such a special time - people (usually) treat you very well, and you're growing another human, which is remarkable! I think it's a bit like going from being a 'bride' on your wedding day to being a 'wife' the next day - not that you don't want to be a wife, but that you miss that feeling of being individual and special. I felt like that, at least. For me the feeling did settle down after a while, once I got used to the idea of actually having the baby, rather than growing the baby. Now I'm pregnant again and thrilled to bits!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now