Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else feel like they are having a hellish pregnancy? Baby is thankfully fine, but I feel awful!

(8 Posts)
litterbug Thu 17-Jul-08 14:26:50

Im sooo happy to be pregnant and all the things don't really bother me that much on a daily basis but sometimes when I just sit down and think about the next few months I feel a bit down.

I have SPD, am on crutches.

Im almost 17 weeks but still vomiting daily, bringing up most meals.

Ive started getting migranes and dizzy spells (not good when you are hobbling along on crutches!)

And now my heartburn has started

Funnily enough though I am really enjoying the pregnancy as best I can because I know its probably my last (for many years at least!)

but I just wish I could have a few days not in pain, or being sick, or having a sore back etc ...

litterbug Thu 17-Jul-08 14:28:26

And it pissed me off when I read my books that say 16 weeks + ... You should be blooming now, you don't feel sick anymore and have all your energy back. Enjoy this time as soon you will be too big to be as mobile ... blah, blah blah angry

notcitrus Thu 17-Jul-08 15:46:17

Ooh, I did! I felt like a right wuss because apart from tiredness (which I thought was a bug, so went off sick) I had no symptoms until 15 weeks, but then got more and more knackered and more SPD. The tiredness got a bit better by 20 weeks but then worse because of the SPD, so by week 25 I was in a right state and my GP just signed me off sick before the physio banned me from commuting to work.

The worst bit was definitely weeks 16-22 simply because everyone was saying I was meant to be blooming! Once I stopped commuting I actually have bloomed (week 32 now) - doing well except for the not being able to walk or drive bit.

litterbug Thu 17-Jul-08 16:31:19

Awww its awful isn't it?

Bloody hell even at 32 weeks it seems like you still have a long way to go!

beaufies Wed 23-Jul-08 12:08:01

I am 26 weeks and can honestly say that being pregnant is awful.

I am very pleased to be pregnant, don't get me wrong, as we conceived through fertility treatment and at 38 we thought we may have run out of time, but I had no idea it would be such a dreadful experience. I wake up every morning and for a split second have forgotten that I'm pregnant, but then when I fully regain concsiousness I remember and the misery returns.

I think I'm just not designed for pregnancy. I have had a relatively trouble free time, no morning sickness and no other major issues so feel I should be blooming and enjoying it. I have been big for my dates throughout and I just feel huge as if I'm about to burst. I've had heartburn, indigestion and rib pain since about 18 weeks and I really have had enough. to top it all I'm badly needle phobic and have a midwife I call Cruella. People say that by the last few weeks you just want the baby out - well I'm there already

Sorry to go on, i don't mean to moan and whinge but it's good to get it off my chest without being told that I should be 'embracing' my pregnancy and how wonderful it is !

elkiedee Wed 23-Jul-08 12:45:15

Litterbug, you're not alone, I felt dreadful throughout my first pregnancy and I don't expect this time to have a second trimester I can "enjoy" - even after the next few days when I've got to go through a scary testing procedure. And it sounds like you have it worse.

I wish those books would say "some women" and acknowledge that others will always feel ill.

elkiedee Wed 23-Jul-08 12:45:15

Litterbug, you're not alone, I felt dreadful throughout my first pregnancy and I don't expect this time to have a second trimester I can "enjoy" - even after the next few days when I've got to go through a scary testing procedure. And it sounds like you have it worse.

I wish those books would say "some women" and acknowledge that others will always feel ill.

mmmmarmite Wed 23-Jul-08 13:48:38

Am with you....spent whole pg covered in acne...def no blooming here, unless you count my ever expanding waistband. Piles galore, no sex drive. Things bit better now at 35weeks...can see light at the end of the tunnel and not working helps. Have felt guilty for hating it all so much and as long as baby happy and healthy it'll all be worth it but it hasnt been pleasant and anyone who actually enjoys it is either lying or nuts!!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now