Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Books good for introducing idea of new baby to ds3

(7 Posts)
buttercupbabe Thu 17-Jul-08 11:31:12

I know it's been asked a million times before but I can't remember titles or authors. I'm 29 wks and ds3 seems very happy about the prospect of a younger brother or sister but thought it would be nice if we had a book or 2....can anyone recommend some good ones?

imaginewittynamehere Thu 17-Jul-08 15:10:16

A friend who has just had her second baby recommended there's a house inside my mummy to me & said that her daughter loved it.

claireybee Thu 17-Jul-08 15:19:14

dd had this book which was simple enough for her (18 months when ds was born) and showed various things such as them getting the cot ready, mum and dad going to the hospital and returning home with baby, mum breastfeeding etc

Evelynsmum Thu 17-Jul-08 16:35:35

Another recomendation for there's a house inside my mummy very good for explaining pregnancy. We've also got The New Baby http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307119424 and I'm a Big Sister http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0688145094
for DD both of which are good at explaining what a new baby does / life with a sibling.

Interested in any other suggestions and also if anyone has a suggestion about explaining homebirths to a 2 and a half year old...

springerspaniel Thu 17-Jul-08 17:11:39

Another vote for 'there's a house inside my mummy' - my DS likes the bit about the mummy being sick, being tired and eating strange things. He always says 'like my mummy.'

MaloryTowersUrbaniteLady Thu 17-Jul-08 17:13:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

buttercupbabe Fri 18-Jul-08 14:11:00

Thanks for all the replies. I think 'there's a house inside my mummmy' sounds like a winner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now