Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone experienced this?? Just body 'getting ready' or something more??

(5 Posts)
MrsMagooo Thu 17-Jul-08 09:40:21

Hello ladies,

I am currently 37+2 with my 2nd baby & am geting very fed up.

Have been desperate to reach the 37 week mark as baby tried to come at 33+0 which thankfully the MW's were able to stop happening with a drip.

Anyway.....for the past 4 nights/early morning I have been getting what feels like mild(ish) contractions. They are in the same place I felt them with my DD although this time they are creeping round my back too (didn't get that with DD) - they aren't agony but painful enough to make me sit up & take notice & occassionly have to breath through.

Trouble is they keep stopping

Am I going to go on like this for weeks??

Anyone had this??

At my last appt baby was 3/5ths IN but I think he has moved down again as I have so much pressure in my bum & lady bits - it's been so much at times I could barely sit down.

Felt very uncomfortable & restless yesterday.

Am sooooooooooooo exhasuted through lack of sleep wondering how much longer this will be going on for!!

TIA for any answers

Xx

Romy7 Thu 17-Jul-08 09:43:44

went on for two weeks with me.
and for the second week i was producing enough of a show to convince me i was about to pop at any second.
in fact, we were away and i even rang the local hospital and asked if they could deliver me if i went into labour in a hurry!
didn't happen - my waters went 12 hours after i got home!
good luck!

MrsMagooo Thu 17-Jul-08 09:52:34

Sighs

Looks like I'm in in for the long haul then

twelveyeargap Thu 17-Jul-08 10:24:31

Hello again MrsMagoo. We're in the same boat. I'm 38+4 (on third baby) and am getting "contractions" at night. Gagh.

Fingers crossed for the full moon tonight/ tomorrow. wink

FWIW, when I was overdue on DD2 and had had about 4 sweeps and still had an "unfavourable" cervix, I did go into labour spontaneously and have the baby in a few hours. That stuff they write on your notes - it's helpful, but it doesn't tell the whole story. Just because you're not fully engaged, doesn't mean you're absolutely not going to go into labour.

MrsMagooo Thu 17-Jul-08 10:56:37

Thanks hun

I'm hoping the Full Moon works it's magic too wink

With DD I somehow got to 3cms without any contractions at all hmm they gave me a sweep at 39+4 (which is when she told me I was 3cms) & went into labour that evening.

I'm hoping all these 'contractions' are least dilating me a little bit otherwise I'll be well cheesed off PMSL!

Lots of labour vibes to you

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now