Talk

Advanced search

2nd-trimester abdominal pain

(2 Posts)
berolina Sat 05-Feb-05 17:01:22

I'm 23 1/2 weeks pg and currently on increased rest for a slightly soft/shortened cervix. I've had a little bit of general slight pain at the sides of my abdomen today. This afternoon I went for a walk (for the first time since being signed off on weds). On the way back I had stronger pain under my bump on both sides - it wasn't agony, but was pretty unpleasant. However, once I got home it went away pretty much immediately. Was it probably stretching pain or had something to do with the activity? (It wasn't cramping or contracting, and I've had pain there a couple of times before). Any ideas? Thanks.

Tessiebear Sat 05-Feb-05 17:28:54

Stretching i would think (i am 20 wks and get them all the time) I got one yesterday that hurt so much it took me by suprise! Just wait till you get a trapped nerve due to babys position and have to hop on one leg till he/she moves!!! i find that on the whole gentle excercise helps all my aches and pains - but dont overdo it. I did yesterday (dashing around / loads of housework etc) and i feel like sh*t today - achey and horrid. Try and take it easy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now