Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity shopping in Leeds

(13 Posts)
whiteorchid Wed 16-Jul-08 15:04:14

Am going to Leeds for the weekend, and thought I might squeeze in a bit of shopping. I don't know the city at all, so am hoping there are some Leeds MNetters out there who can recommend shops selling good-quality maternity wear? Thanks v much.

cupcake76 Wed 16-Jul-08 17:18:18

Message withdrawn

whiteorchid Wed 16-Jul-08 17:30:55

Thanks, cupcake. Sounds as if they're all in a similar area, which is good.

Dottoressa Wed 16-Jul-08 17:36:14

There's also a posh "proper" maternity shop with a French name - can't remember what it is, as I never went in there, but it's in one of the Arcades (they run off Briggate, so it's also in the same area as Topshop et al)!

If you can get to Harrogate, there's a Jojo maman bebe shop...

BroccoliSpears Wed 16-Jul-08 17:37:34

Dott I think you mean Formes. Sadly closed down.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 16-Jul-08 17:43:15

Dotty Ps was shut for refurbishment when i was in town last week. Not sure if it has re-opened yet.

posh french place is called formes....but is mucho £££££ ime. they do have big fake bellies that you can stuff in the clothes to get the full effect though wink

the shopping centre at Birstall (near IKEA)has a Dotty Ps, Next, Mamas & Papas and boots and even ToysRUs for baby stuff, but it's the Next sale this weekend so it might be mayhem out there. There's a Gap too, but not sure they do maternity.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 16-Jul-08 17:44:21

has formes closed? shows how much attention I pay (or how often I'm in the "posh" arcades...usually go to Bravissimo and that's that)

BroccoliSpears Wed 16-Jul-08 17:49:31

I was never offered a big fake belly in Formes envy.

whiteorchid Wed 16-Jul-08 19:20:01

Got a big enough belly of my own, thanks grin.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I'll head to Briggate, I think.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 16-Jul-08 19:38:28

grin It was the formes in Edinburgh...I assumed they were all the same!

Dottoressa Wed 16-Jul-08 19:45:23

I can't say I'm surprised if Formes has shut down - I never saw anyone in there when I trotted past.

The maternity stuff in the Briggate Gap looked quite good when I was in there a few weeks ago...

BroccoliSpears Wed 16-Jul-08 20:01:07

All the independents and smaller chain shops are shutting down in the Vic Quarter. It'll all be top end designer soon. Shame.

bikerunski Sat 19-Jul-08 21:57:03

Gap maternity wear at the Briggate branch has saved me - and they always have a sale rail too. they don't have the maternity range at Birstall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now