Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am 5 days over, Doc wants to induce in 4 days. Are there risks ????

(3 Posts)
Mindy1 Wed 16-Jul-08 09:23:04

Hi
Am first timer and getting very impatient. I lost mucous plug 7 days ago and had sweep 6 days ago. Doc says cervix effaced and thinned and as of last week, didnt think that I would go any longer than a couple of days over.
Am nervous of questioning his judgement on inducing but what does everyone think? Are there many side affects/risks?

Thanks
Mindy

honeyapple Wed 16-Jul-08 14:24:19

most hospitals induce at 10days overdue- however if you dont want to be induced and baby is fine and you are fine then you can say NO! no risks to induction- just sometimes contractions can be stronger/more painful... and so you may need more pain relief- whereas if you go into labour naturally your body copes better with the pain.

I am sure your baby will be here within the 4 days! Good luck

honeyapple Wed 16-Jul-08 14:25:37

BTW-

with my last two babies- i had the date for induction booked- but they both came naturally the day before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now