Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

So if you didn't feel a subsequent baby moving until much later than in your previous pregnancies, when do you start to worry a bit?

(10 Posts)
NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 15-Jul-08 14:02:20

Felt DS1 moving around 12 weeks, DS2 around 8 weeks, yes I know it's early, yes I know the books say it doesn't happen till much later on, but I did feel them moving then.

Am now coming up to 16 weeks with DC3, and haven't felt a thing, not even fluttering. I have a doppler, and have obviously checked the HB and that is fine, but still a bit.... not worried, but a bit aprehensive about the lack of movement.

Oh and for the record I was slimmer at the start of this pregnancy than I was at the start of DS2's pregnancy, and I don't know the position of the placenta, and we have a family history of babies with DS and SB.

Don't really know what I am expecting as a reply, suppose I just want some reassurance please

meemar Tue 15-Jul-08 14:08:40

You felt your first two very early - much earlier than the norm, so now 16 weeks feels really late to you iyswim!

I'm sure it's fine, every pg is different and maybe you'll feel this one move at a more 'normal' gestation smile

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 15-Jul-08 14:10:35

So you think it is just because it is a different pregnancy?

You'd think I'd know what to expect by now! LOL

scorpio1 Tue 15-Jul-08 14:12:02

with my dc3 my placenta was on the front and i didnt feel her properly until about 18 weeks.

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 15-Jul-08 14:14:05

Would the sonographer not mention the placenta if it was anterior? There is nothing in my notes about the positioning at all.

It is reassuring though, thanks

scorpio1 Tue 15-Jul-08 14:16:21

mine told me at my 20 week scan

meemar Tue 15-Jul-08 14:16:36

With DS1 i had an early labour scare at 29 weeks and he was born at 35 weeks. I spent the whole pregnancy with DS2 looking out for twinges and expecting him to come early - I had my bag packed at 32 weeks!

When he arrived (at 40+1) I felt like I was about 5 weeks overdue smile

I think all we have to go on is our prior experience so we compare and forget that each pg is individual. Try not to worry - you have heard the heartbeat and that should reassure you smile

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 15-Jul-08 14:22:01

I suppose I am just worried because of my family history, my sister heard the heartbeat with each of her SB/DS babies, and then at the 20 week scans found the bad news.

I am being a hormonal pregnant woman (stuck in PFB moment) aren't I? blush I swore it'd never happen to me! LOL

Flum Tue 15-Jul-08 14:23:05

Ahh I am very well experienced to answer this. Felt both my dds around 16 -18 weeks.

But this pregnancies nothing really until 20 weeks. Went for scan and they said placenta was at the front so this was usual.

Am now 24 weeks and only feel baby deep down and high up to right, not in middle at all. VEry diff and much later than other pregnancies

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 15-Jul-08 14:25:38

Aha Flum, you'll know where I am coming from then! It just seems wrong doesn't it? One minute I'm convinced it's doomed, the next I am calling myself a bit of a pillock and that's that!

Whoever decided a third pregnancy was a good idea was so so so wrong!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: