Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reminders/triggers to do your pelvic floor exercises daily?

(18 Posts)
MildWest Mon 14-Jul-08 12:34:55

What reminders/triggers/routine do you use to remember to do your pelvic floor exercises each day? I only seem to remember when I'm stuck in a very boring meeting. Luckily that isn't every day, but I need to think of another way of remembering to do them!

witchandchips Mon 14-Jul-08 12:36:10

somebody mentioning them on mumsnet?- bet half of us are doing them as we speak. I know i am

PrettyCandles Mon 14-Jul-08 12:39:52

So true, w&c wink

I used to have a screensaver that chose randomly from a selection of screensavers every time it came on. When I was pg I set a couple of the selection to be variations on "PFE!". Worked a treat, and I don't think anybody cottoned on.

PhoebeLaura Mon 14-Jul-08 13:48:16

I have a daily email alert set up at work with a cryptic reminder (just in case anyone is looking). It seems to do the trick. Of course it means I never do them at weekends grin

ExterminAitch Mon 14-Jul-08 13:48:48

shower

33k Mon 14-Jul-08 13:52:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

notcitrus Mon 14-Jul-08 14:00:42

I'm quite good at the pelvic floor ones, but all the other physio exercises I'm meant to do to help my SPD... basically the ones I can do lying down (pelvic floor, lower tummy) get done, and the sit-to-stand, pushing thighs sideways against a resistance, and pelvic tilts - well they don't happen much. Certainly not 5x a day!

I was thinking of making myself a star chart.

melpomene Mon 14-Jul-08 14:14:26

while you're waiting for the kettle to boil (or toaster or microwave to finish)

Some people do them at red traffic lights

PortBlacksandResident Mon 14-Jul-08 14:22:56

"Walk through a door
Pelvic Floor!"

Some American PFE Guru lady.

hattyyellow Mon 14-Jul-08 14:34:37

Red light reminder.

Everytime you see a red light, do them. Traffic lights, standby lights on tvs etc, brake lights. My midwife suggested this last time around and it works wonders!

MildWest Tue 15-Jul-08 08:58:01

That's brilliant hatty, I will definitly use that suggestion, plus the calender reminder. Here we go...

33k Wed 16-Jul-08 21:06:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Thankyouandgoodnight Wed 16-Jul-08 21:11:49

buy a little pack of stickers (e.g. red dots) and put them in various key places (e.g. mirror, purse, toilet, kettle etc) and do some every time you see one!

twosofar Wed 16-Jul-08 22:17:36

The fact that while pregnant with DS2 I wet myself every time I sneezed was a pretty good incentive. Particularly awful during hayfever season when you can't take meds!

Pannacotta Wed 16-Jul-08 22:19:01

My MW told me to do them while brushing my teeth, I never remembered though so not sure how effective her suggestion was!!

whiteorchid Thu 17-Jul-08 13:34:13

This thread has been the most effective prompt by far. Every time I see it I start clenching grin. Let's try and keep it near the top!

Slubberdegullion Thu 17-Jul-08 13:37:41

Dot on your watch.

JiminyCricket Thu 17-Jul-08 13:42:19

Every time there's an advert break on the telly if I'm not getting a cup of tea.
I got one of those pelvic toners from Boots and used it every day for a while - problem solved. Bit bizarre but does work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now