Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

yoga during pregnancy DVD-any recommendations??

(9 Posts)
ranirani Mon 14-Jul-08 12:09:19

Hi I am trying to find a good yoga durng pregnancy DVD but struggling with it a bit. Not all the DvDs that you find on the net have customers reviews which I think is important as i do not want to get some junk. I am looking for a good yoga that helps to control the weight during pregnancy, increase your stamina, not too light exercise, but also not too strenious which you can do by yourself with nice relaxing music in the background . Anyone out there tried anything that they would recommend?? and where to buy?
thanks a lot XX

ranirani Mon 14-Jul-08 13:40:40

anyone at all????

chandellina Mon 14-Jul-08 13:53:55

Hi Ranirani, i have Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea - I got it on Amazon. It is not terribly challenging (for weight control i doubt it would do much) but you do get some nice stretching and strengthening. i really enjoyed it, particularly as i got bigger.

I used to do a lot of astanga and initially wanted something fairly intense - well there is no such thing for prenatal yoga as far as i can tell. if you are early on, i'd say your best off modifying whatever you usually do if you want to do something that really would help with weight control.

TheBlonde Mon 14-Jul-08 13:55:57

shiva rea is good

Simple Yoga For Pregnancy is dull

ranirani Mon 14-Jul-08 14:05:52

thank you. I have looked at simple yoga and I do agree it is very plain and doubt it will do anything to me, shiva rea seems to have won some kind of award so I think will try her then, especially you are saying it is enjoyable, thanks

ranirani Mon 14-Jul-08 21:33:32

any other suggestions, anyone??

MummyValentine Thu 17-Jul-08 12:15:26

I had Shiva Rea DVD too, was recommended by my yoga teacher. He goes on retreat with her, says she's wonderful. The video is not that challenging, but it good for relaxation. I also bought a box set Yoga for Mother and Child. Wow, it was terrible! The DVD was Antenatal yoga with Kathy Taylor, it was soooo ancient and I didn't like it at all. Don't bother with that one! I bought a general exercise DVD from baby2body and that was good fun, just not all yoga but helped with weight control and strength.

MummyValentine Thu 17-Jul-08 12:18:42

I had Shiva Rea DVD too, was recommended by my yoga teacher. He goes on retreat with her, says she's wonderful. The video is not that challenging, but it good for relaxation. I also bought a box set Yoga for Mother and Child. Wow, it was terrible! The DVD was Antenatal yoga with Kathy Taylor, it was soooo ancient and I didn't like it at all. Don't bother with that one! I bought a general exercise DVD from baby2body and that was good fun, just not all yoga but helped with weight control and strength.

waitinggirl Tue 22-Jul-08 12:50:25

i bought Pregnancy Health Yoga with Tara Lee on recommendation from Yogamatters www.yogamatters.com - have enjoyed it v much. if you happen to live anywhere near north london (unlikely, but you never know), go and have a chat with them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now