Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice needed - Getting through the last few days.

(8 Posts)
Sophrosyne1 Mon 14-Jul-08 11:46:12

Hi all,

Am 4 days off my due date and feeling thoroughly fed up. Am on my own at home all day, have tried going out for little walks but after having to spend about half an hour clinging to a bannister unable to walk in my local shopping centre last week am worried about going out on my own. There is house work to do but I can't bend down to do it and after an endless stream of dvd's, daytime tv, newspapers and books I am feeling bored and frustrated.

What do you do to get you through the last few days?

LullyMummaOfOne Mon 14-Jul-08 11:56:35

The last few days are always the worst. With me i just went around my mums everyday where she pampered me and made me lunch etc. Is there anyone that you can see during the day, even for half a day would help.

I really hope you dont have to wait to long, hopefully in a few days it will all be over for you and your have your bubba in your arms.
Good luck

Sophrosyne1 Mon 14-Jul-08 12:03:58

Well, my mum is coming up to stay with me from Friday. Some of my friends have popped round in the evenings but as I am the first to have a baby, they are all out at work during the day. The evenings aren't too bad because I am focussing on spending quality time with my partner. It's the daytimes that are the problem!

QueenyEisGotTheBall Mon 14-Jul-08 12:10:49

hismile
the last few days are the worst arent they!! i found MN and chocolarte a god sendsmile i you dont mind me asking what was the reason you couldnt walk in your local shopping centre?? if you go for leisurely strolls to the park or just the shop that would help to break up your daysmile i would maybe try to book some pampering treatments (reflexology/facials/pedicures) as you will probably not have much time once you new baby is homesmile if you are short of cash you can get things quite cheap if you use student services. try the local college running beauty courses or alternative therapy courses as they are always on the look out for case study subjectssmile
good luck with your babysmile
xx ei xx

procrastinatingparent Mon 14-Jul-08 12:19:26

I would go to the cinema. More than once, since you may not get there for some considerable time... grin

But that's just me because the cinema is my favourite outing, and I don't mind gong on my own.

posieflump Mon 14-Jul-08 12:26:20

I would meet your workng friends for lunch
these are your last few days of freedom
make the most of it
I used to watch reruns of ER on sky and have anap on the sofa in the afternoon

Sophrosyne1 Mon 14-Jul-08 12:41:20

The not being able to walk thing comes and goes, I think it is the baby's head pressing down as I get a twinge between my legs. The midwife seemed to think that was probably what was happening.

I do have a friend who I have met for lunch once a week since I have been off but the rest of my friends are (like me) teachers and don't have time to come out of school. I like the cinema idea, don't mind going on my own usually, I'm just a bit worried about going into labour half way through the film!!!

thehouseofmirth Tue 15-Jul-08 18:44:26

Have you done any antenatal classes? In the 2 weeks bfore DS was born I used to meet up for lunch with my fellow "class mates" to wallow and moan. Then when DS was born I had a ready-made support group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now